Looking for a JOB in Seoul, South Korea

Hi there, I'm Elaine from Manila, Philippines graduate of Bachelor of Science in Commerce major in Marketing. Aside from being a business graduate I also have other skills, music is my passion that's why I'm good in singing, I've been a writer also during high school and college that's I can say i'm good in making poems and stories. I also have interest in Entertainment when i was young i dream to become an artist, but at my age now (i'm 21) probably that dream of mine will just remain as a dream but I'll be very happy if that dream comes into reality =),or if not maybe having a job related to entertainment industry will make me contented. Ever since it's really my wish to visit and work as well is Seoul, South Korea I am hoping that through this blog my ultimate wish will came true. If you want to know me better feel free to email me at [email protected], I'll be very happy to send my resume to those who are interested for me to work there at Seoul, Korea. Hope to hear from all you soon. "Kamsahamnida!"

Hi Luomari! Welcome on Expat-blog! I have moved the discussion on the Seoul forum.

You might view the Seoul classifieds > job section. It might help you.

I wish you good luck and hope you get responses soon.
Christine

Hi Elaine Sorry to tell you that Korea is a man dominated country and lesser chances for a woman to find job than men.

Besides, Korean Government is even restricting VISA now to all applicant regardless of nationality so I think you need to make a second option like Singapore or Thailand but Australia is better then.

Hi Elaine,
i loved reading about your wonderful passion for the creative arts!! You can be an artist at any age!!! Simply start creating whatever you wish to create!! I am also an artist and go through times of making art and other times whre my creativity is used in other areas of life. I also write a lot of poetry so if you would like to share some of your poems then please feel free to send me a personal message here.
I run poetry and art workshops too and i am planning to run some in Korea and Japan over the next 6 months during my stay there!
Anyway keep the dream alive!!!
I'll let you know what Korea is like from a creative females point of view when i get there!!! LOL!!
Smiles, Emms.:)

prince_denison wrote:

Hi Elaine Sorry to tell you that Korea is a man dominated country and lesser chances for a woman to find job than men.

Besides, Korean Government is even restricting VISA now to all applicant regardless of nationality so I think you need to make a second option like Singapore or Thailand but Australia is better then.

wow this (Moderated - No abusive post please)! I've been spending the last couple of days submitting my CV to different job portals trying to land an IT job in Korea. I really want Korea as my 1st off shore job experience (I'm from Manila and a woman too, btw :P) because I am a Christian so it wld be nice to be in a country with most folks practicing the same faith and secondly, I've heard that South Korea, Seoul specifically, is a pretty safe city to live in. Oh well...there goes my 'dream' as well... shattered....on the floor....

SG's nice but every IT guys I know are already there...That would feel like not leaving the Philippines at all. HAHA!

Hello.. Im 21 years old.. i want to find a job in SEOUL,, can i work there in SEOUL even driver or waiter,,.. i did finish my school.. i stop my school in 3rd College of Bachelor Computer Science. But i have many experiance.. Im good in video editing.. Band is my passion.. i want to work in seoul...can someone help me how to apply? cause i want to help my parents here in philippines..their are to old to work.. so decision myself to work alone in abroad.. please..help me find a work..

add my YM account

[email protected]

sorry for the bad english,,,

Hi, every year we spent our summer holiday in korea..and I really love korea.
People our nice and their tradition are still intact...I wish someone could give me the chance to work in Korea.. I'm currently working here in HK as a domestic helper. My employer is Korean thats why I can speak and understand a little Korean...

Hello Elaine!
Im Jason and I am Korean. I work in Design field and one thing I can tell you is that you need an online portfolio. Not SNS. The real website where people can see what you are capable of.

Essential skills you need before you work in Korean culture based companies...

1. Must understand little bit of Korean and able to speak at least little bit of Korean

2. You must be ready to work over hours(more than 40hrs a week) and not expect to get extra pay.

3. You must be ready to tackle any task that is at hand even that is not related to your job. (ex. they will ask you to fix computer problems or network problems or even sometimes interior designs...)

Hope my inputs help you to make right choices :P

Gluk!

Jason

We have the same dream as well, but mine is abit worst than yours as my study qualification isn't that good. I'm hoping to work in Korea too like those guesthouse staffs etc, trying hard to get a simple job for a person like me with low study qualification :( But seems like it is not working that well since I started searching for a job in Korea for almost 6 months. Well, let's not give up and keep working for it! :D

i really wanna try working in seoul..... can any body help me?:D

did u find any job yet??

Hi i am Lucas from cape town south Africa Looking for a JOB in Seoul, South Korea so please if you see any opportunities contact me on my email:[email protected]

Lucas.

before you guys asking around opportunities for jobs, you really have to mention your korean skills and other expertise you might have. You won't be able to find a job just saying I want to get a job. Everyone is busy in Korea so you need to try your best to save someone else's time :P

Hello lucas.okams.

I think that you should give more precisions and tell us about your skills and experiences and in which sector you're seeking for.

Thanks

Karen :)

Jjm82,  Wow, those are things good to know. Is that the same for every type of job?:) :-) :-)

Lillyp40,
unfortunately.. Yes...

Korean language isn't based on English or Alphabet. The pronunciation is also very different. Im not trying to scare people off but since majority of working class people in Korea are (Pure)Koreans. This means they have no idea what you are trying to say unless you speak Korean. English is your second choice but still I see many koreans can't really understand or speak English fluently. If you really want to get a job here in Korea, you need to be able to speak at least the minimum of Korean. Once you able to communicate in Korean, you will become their most favorite friend.

You guys need to understand that Korean students are forced to study and forced to do many things without freedom. The way they learn English language is extremely inefficient. They might be good at vocabs and typing but their speaking or listening isn't at the high level.

hope you understand what I am trying to say ^^

Thank you so much. Live and learn, huh? I wish  I could visit South Korea someday.  I want to learn  korean. I'm going to have to do it online. Do you know of a good website?  I have seen a few out there but can't seem to decide to which ones.  Since you moved there, do you like it better than living in the states?
Goodnight and thank you again.

Dear Mr/Mrs

I am very interested in working in south korea and I believe my skills and experience would be an ideal match for any  position.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hi prince monday,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Maybe a few words about yourself and tell us in which sector are you looking for work please ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

prince Monday

Read the posts by jjm82

Annyeonghaseyo,pradita piagia imnida, i want to ask about live and work in South Korea, I currently live in NewZealand, and I live with my husband and daughter, I plan to seek a better life here and now I just got a tourist visa and planning to switch to a work visa but it was very difficult, I want to ask what if I could just use a tourist visa to come to Korea and came in korea I change my tourist visa to a work visa so I could find a job in korea, or what my friend could tell if I apply for a job from newzealand to korea and upon receipt of Korean companies in the care of my visa and the family to move to Korea?I am also currently studying the Korean language a little, My friend said it could be because the first friend I also like that but he does not know about now.

I hope I can answer my question(naneun nae jilmun-e daedab hal su-issneun huimang)

gamsahabnida

hi iam heba i want work and live in korea iam from egypt 24 rears old i hope to go to korean is my dream

You cannot change a tourist visa to a work visa. 
For up to date information regarding visas I suggest you contact the nearest South Korean Embassy.

Hello I am a 23 year old male, desperately looking for a job in Seoul. I am a Graphic Designer specialized in 3D Animation & Motion Graphics. I did a study for it and after my study I started my own company. I also have experience working at television broadcast companies.

A job in Seoul in this field would be my dream of course but at the moment anything would be fine.

I also have experience with working with people, face to face advertisement and promoting. As a side project I also worked at the London Olympics as a chef.

My personal features are: Perfectionist, patient, helpful, persistent, creative, organized, responsible, social, fast learner.

As for language skills, I speak Dutch, fluently English and I am a starter with Hangul.

If you can help me in whatever way to get a job or just advice me, I would really appreciate it.

As a side note, I will be in Seoul during early December may that be relevant.

I STUDIED IN BsC part2 i realy hope full for job korea i m very hard working boy i m coffee barista my coffee experiance is 2 year i am worked in gloria jeans,second cup,coffee planet. I m shift incharge and i m perfect barista miss zuhi is my tranner from austrelia and mister ahmed from malasya and jhon from dubai and reeta alberto from irland these r my tranners in coffee expireance
And 1 year i m working in dainamic engineering wraping miachines companey i m inspection assistent manager and incoming matrial reporter and production reporter

That is my all expireance ....

@ shahrukh javed > Please note that you have posted on a very old thread here.

I advise you to post an ad in the Jobs in Seoul section please.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: