Overseas job hunting

Hi everyone! So I currently live in the States (home country) but I'd really like to find a job in Western Europe. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to go about finding a job? I know it is really though because I'd have to find a company that would sponsor a work visa. Any thoughts?

Hello stellick742,

Probably the most successful way to find a job abroad without leaving one's homeland to do a "boots on the ground" job search locally is to contact multi-national companies in your field of expertise at home that also have operations in the country you're thinking about expatriating to.

In most cases if these companies can't actually help you in terms of direct placement assistance, they probably can at least put you into contact with the right people in their HR Department in the host country.

Another method is do a websearch of those companies abroad because many of them have direct links to their HR Departments in their webpage. Make sure that you have your CV/Resume and a cover letter translated into the local language (if a non-English speaking country) to send via e-mail.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

You have to know where you're going and what you do before anyone is going to offer any job.  The days of just bumming around Europe and falling into a good job are long gone.

Meet other expats and join the events

OR