Will the UK ever find sufficient testicular fortitude to leave the EU?

David Cameron, the British Prime Minister was opposed to Jean-Claude Junkers being selected as the next EU President.
Will that convince the Brits to pack up and leave the EU?

El_Jost wrote:

Will that convince the Brits to pack up a leave the EU?

The Brits, it appears, are ready to pack their bags, stick two finger in the air in a most impolite manner, and divorce the abortion we know as the EU.
Pity the politicians don't listen to the people.

However, the issue is being brought to a head and I think a future English (maybe British) government will have little choice but to hold a referendum on this subject.

The SNP's position on the EU is pathetic. They want a Scotland free from England, but want it to be part of the Euro corruption club. That's just daft.

The Labour party are a joke - totally missing the point and pushing a pro EU stance that'll likely bugger them totally at the next election.

The Tories, whilst they're about as strong a a runt kitten, are at least listening to the rumblings from the masses (Not last night's beer and curry, the anti EU feeling)
I think they'll end up doing a deal with the next lot I mention, but it may well be a back room job.

UKIP, whilst they have a  twit for a leader and harbour a bunch of abhorrent racist members, have a real point here and they're having a major influence on UK politics, regardless of how many seats they have in either the British parliament or the silly euroclub.

I'm sticking my neck out.
I think UKIP will drop all candidates in seats the Tories are likely to win, maybe even campaign for the Tories, Cameron will, for his part of the smoky (Sorry, not PC) smoke free, minority group inclusive, disabled friendly, energy saving bulb lit back room deal, promise the 2017 referendum, but may be forced bring the date forward to late 2015 or 2016.
If Scotland does a runner from the UK, this is even more likely.
Labour will lose 41 seats in the English parliament, the Libdems will die a death when they lose 11, but the Tories will only lose 1. The English constituencies will be redrawn, but Labour will still have a massive disadvantage and the Libdems may as well retire.
That'll finish the Tory/libdem pact as surely as a shotgun and a dog finished a well known gay liberal leader of some years ago.

Bookmark this post and either congratulate me after the election, or stick your tongue our, shout , "nar ne nar ne nar nar" and tell me how wrong I was.

I'm actually surprised that the European Union and Eurozone has lasted as long as it has, what given the fighting and national feelings following the European Credit Crisis. I actually thought that it would prompt a lot of nations to opt out of the EU and go back to their own national currencies.

I know that if my nextdoor neighbor was a boozer and his wife was an unrepentant spendthrift racking up credit card bills and loans everywhere imaginable, I sure as Hell wouldn't want to be forced to help them pay their debts. I'm sure that must really piss of many people not just you Brits.

I really could never see any great advantage of compelling need to have created the EU and Eurozone in the first place. Glad I didn't really ever have to concern myself with such nonsense.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

I agree with Fred's sentiments on the subject and I too am amazed at how long the EU has lasted given all the infighting etc. In principle at the time it was a good idea, but like most good ideas it was sidetracked by those seeking to line their own pockets. The mechanism to run such an enterprise is a top heavy dinosaur costing member countries truckloads of money annually.

The open border policy is a complete f^^k up, causing resentment between member countries as people migrate from one country to the other taking local jobs, and if not employed taking handouts.

The original idea of a free trade zone was great.
Sadly, a bunch of idiots turned it into a club for corrupt, power hungry failed fools that reasonable people didn't talk to at parties.
No one asked the populations of the member countries what they wanted and, as you'd expect, the people started to get really bugged, more so when they couldn't dump terrorists because of European human rights laws and really stupid laws about:
bananas not being too bent
no evidence to suggest that drinking water prevented dehydration
prunes are not laxatives (what a load of shit)
turnips cannot be labelled "swedes", except in Cornwall
and,
eggs cannot be sold by the dozen.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/eu-direc … z35zuvjG9G

It isn't the stupidity of the laws that really matters, it's the millions of pounds wasted on this total stupidity, and the thought that the idiot Euro club can force these moronic laws on everyone.

You must understand, in the interests of fairness, I didn't mention their idiocy regarding serving olive oil in restaurants.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … y-MPs.html

The vary large death and injury toll of zero completely justifies this much needed law.

I'm sure if the technocrats that are running the European Union propose legislation that would ban the sale of Fish & Chips in newspaper cones (because Hell man, who knows where those nasty old newspapers have been, or whose nasty hands have touched them) the Brits would rush to leave the EU in a heartbeat. I certainly wouldn't want to be between a hoard of stampeeding Brits and the exit door!

Funny how the politicians are the same all over the world. When it all hits the fan and they can't do anything substantive to make things right; they start to propose and pass insanely stupid laws  partly to make it look like they're actually working, but mostly to take the public's mind off of the real problems that these hogs that wallow at the public trough have been ignoring all along.

Does "testicular fortitude" have anything to do with the male organ of similar name?

Urban dictionary to the rescue!  :)

Great, I learned some (non-Queen's) English today. Thanks!

wjwoodward wrote:

, but mostly to take the public's mind off of the real problems that these hogs that wallow at the public trough have been ignoring all along.

I see you're more than familiar with the Euro 'grabbing as much bent cash as possible' club.
Any company that couldn't verify its accounts for a year would be closed down, I don't recall when the Euroidiocy managed to last sign their's off - about 10 years or so ago.
There's so much corruption, they can't even keep track of how much money is lost.

Now we have Adolf Juncker at the helm, and unlike the Junkers of 1940, Britain couldn't shoot him down.
I wonder if he'll mess London up as his (almost) namesakes did.
This famous union chap, like so many dudes with power, has been naughty
Remember this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -quit.html

No, it's never mentioned, so you probably don't.

"When it becomes serious, you have to lie", Who said that? take a wild guess.

I must look up his salary over the past few years, and see what he has in the bank.
I'm willing to stick my neck out and guess he has a lot of 'consultancies'.

beppi wrote:

Great, I learned some (non-Queen's) English today. Thanks!

I really don't see Her Majesty asking, "Has he got the balls to do that, and where the f^&$ have the corgis gone?"

English is a wonderful language, we stole many of the best bits from the Germans, just as we did the world cup in '66.
Of course, we're pathetic at football now, but the English language is still the best thing Shakespeare and the bible invented.
The bible, a best seller for almost 1,500 years, has provided us with so many idioms - second only to British imperialism and Irish jokes.
Right, I'm off to turn down the air conditioning; it's cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey in here.
That, as a note, has a lot to do with old fighting ships, but no special reference to round male parts, commonly found with a blonde lady balancing on them.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR