Working in CG animation would like to shift to Iceland permanently

First of all thanks julien  for providing such an excellent social blog to interact and help people  :) .
My name is sandeep sanaye ,Iam an computer guy , working in cg animation industry here in india with 10+ years teaching exprience in the field, i would permanently like to shift to iceland , any help on the matter would be welcome .

sandeepsanaye wrote:

First of all thanks julien  for providing such an excellent social blog to interact and help people  :) .
My name is sandeep sanaye ,Iam an computer guy , working in cg animation industry here in india with 10+ years teaching exprience in the field, i would permanently like to shift to iceland , any help on the matter would be welcome .

Welcome to the board! Why are you interested in Iceland specifically?

There are definitely computer jobs to be had in Iceland. CCP games has an office in Iceland (although they had a large layoff recently), and the special effects company Framestore has a small office in Iceland, to name a few. Not sure if CG animation is being taught anywhere but if it were, I'd expect it to be more likely at Reykjavik university rather than the university of Iceland.

Thanks ECS for replying ,

I have heard that icelanders are very supportive and peace loving people, i would like to live in such country , more over i have a wife and a single 2 year child i would like my child too grow in a country which is pollution free and and has an abundance of natural beauty and clean environment, and this efforts are all for  him . Lets hope for the best

How is the cg animation market in iceland and Let me know if there are any training institutes.

have you visited Iceland ever? I highly recommend spending some time there (especially in late November or early January) before you decide to relocate permanently.

as for possible institutions, see my previous post. It's a very small country so the job market in all sectors is somewhat limited.

Hello all  :cheers:

@sandeepsanaye : Kindly note that a new thread has been created from your posts in the Iceland forum to help you get better interaction.

Regards

Kenjee

No  i have never visited iceland before.

Yes surely i will first like to travel in the country, visit as a tourist.  and stay there for a week or two. so it gives me an idea about everthing.

Thanks Kenjee.