Expat new to Geneva - Want to make new friends!

Hello!
I am an expat from the States. I'm 25 and have never been to Switzerland. I just got to Geneva a week ago to be an au pair for a wonderful family!
Since I've never been here before I don't know anything about where to socialize or how to meet people! I would love suggestions on what to do, where to go, and would love to connect with others doing the same thing! Or anyone who just wants to make a new friend!
Im looking forward to meeting some wonderful people and learning about what Geneva has to offer. 
Speak soon!
Kitty

Hi Kitty and welcome to Geneva !

Do you speak french or are you looking to meet other expats ?

(If not don't worry too much there are a lot of expats from all around the world here and 50% of the population is not swiss. Not to mention that almost everybody will at least understand a bit of english).

kittystu812 wrote:

Hello!
I am an expat from the States. I'm 25 and have never been to Switzerland. I just got to Geneva a week ago to be an au pair for a wonderful family!
Since I've never been here before I don't know anything about where to socialize or how to meet people! I would love suggestions on what to do, where to go, and would love to connect with others doing the same thing! Or anyone who just wants to make a new friend!
Im looking forward to meeting some wonderful people and learning about what Geneva has to offer. 
Speak soon!
Kitty

Hey I am in the same situation! I am aupairing for a family just outside Geneva. How are you finding it here? I only arrived 3 weeks ago and I am looking to meet new people in the area!
Catherine :)

Hello,

Welcome to Geneva.  I have been here three weeks myself, but I honestly haven't had much time to explore or meet people.  If you are interested in getting together this Saturday (June 28th), however, I would love to have some company and get out into the city a bit.  Just message me if you are interested.

All the best,
Jeanette

I also just got to Geneva to work as an au pair, and I am looking to make friends :)
Where in Geneva are you staying?

hey, i'm new in Switzerland too.. i live in commugny ... close to Nyon and Geneve... and i don't know anybody in this country.
it would be nice to meet somebody :) i'm from Poland.

Hi!

I would like to invite to join me and some others people for a brunch soon.
Are you interested ?

Bye

[ Moderated : Expat.com is not a dating site ]

Hi!! How is everyone! Im new here but have been living in Geneva for 10 months now but I havent got any friends!  Im interested in making friends females only! :))

Hello liyannacstlln, are u still interesting to find a friendship in Geneva? Waiting for ur answer, thanks