FOREIGNERS WHO HAVE OPEN BUSINESS IN INDIA

i want to be in contact with foreigners in india  who have open any business how is the formalities to do ? thanks

depends on the visa
you cant come on a tourist visa and conduct business
for that you need to have a business visa .

ya but business visa is not that much interesting for french have to leave india every month

According to immigration rules, a work permit for India is synonymous with an employment/business visa.
Expats wishing to work legally in India first need to obtain this valid Indian visa before beginning their job: no separate work permit is needed. 

DETAILS
Foreigners can apply for a tourist visa if they are coming to visit friends or for sightseeing.
Tourist visas are generally granted for six months at a timE
Anyone who has an Indian tourist visa must have a two-month gap between visits to India.
So a tourist visa holder can return to India only after two months of leaving the country.

Foreigners are not allowed to work in India while holding a tourist visa. very important .

Work visas for India

Business Visa
Employment Visa

Business visas in India
Business Visas are available for people who wish to explore business opportunities or conduct business in India.
This type of visa differs from an Employment Visa,
in that the applicant will not be working for,
and earning an income from, an organisation in India.
Instead they will be working on behalf of a company outside of India.
Business Visas are generally issued with six month validity or more, and provide for multiple entries.
However, holders of a Business Visa are not allowed to remain in India for longer than six months at a time.

Employment visas in India
An Employment Visa, on the other hand, is issued to a foreigner who will be working in India for an organization registered in India. Foreigners wishing to do volunteer work in India also require this category of visa.
An Employment Visa is valid for one year, irrespective of the duration of the contract.

Applying for a visa for India

All foreigners coming to India for employment should apply for a valid Indian visa before they arrive.
You can obtain a visa application form from the Indian Embassy in your country

Documents required for visa applications

►Employment Visa

Proof of employment with a company/organisation in India, such as a contract that states the terms and conditions of appointment.
    In 2010, the Indian Government included a new requirement - visa applicants must be earning 25,000 USD a year or more. Exceptions are made for members of foreign high commissions and embassies.

►Business Visa

A letter from the organization they intend to do business with, stating the nature of business, duration of stay, places to be visited and the employer's intention to meet expenses.

►Tourist Visa

Passport with a minimum six-month validity
    Recent passport-size photographs
    Details of your itinerary

You can expect to get your Indian visa in between five and seven working days.

In addition to the above, each category of visa requires additional documents.
►Business Visa

Letter from the person or firm in India with whom you intend to do business with, indicating type of business, volume of business in the current year, etc.
    Contract or assignment letter from the company
    Bank statements showing assured financial standing
    Copy of Bill of Lading or invoices

Visa is valid for 6 months AND NOT 1 MONTH.GET UR FACTS RIGHT

YOU CAN OBTAIN A VISA APPLICATION FORM FROM THE INDIAN EMBASSY IN YOUR COUNTRY .

this is general things but france and india dont give visa easily for business people from uk and usa is easy not schengen people

The best way to open a business in India is to find an Indian partner. The total cost to have complete papers that are properly registered is about $500.00 USD. A good Charter Accountant in India can help you with the paper work.

An Employment Visa and a Business Visa ARE NOT the same thing. An employment visa basically means you are being employed by an Indian company. However, a business visa means you are doing business in India. The business visa is much easier to obtain and is necessary if you are trying to open a company or establish a joint venture.

R u currently in india rakee or in france ?
If in india ,are you on a tourits visa ?

Hello every body, I am a non Indian National, looking to open a business in India, can anybody give me any information how to open a business and if I am allowed to, many thanks for all

Hello,

I was glacing over your project and was very interesting in your project.

Please i would appreciate to know the kind of project you have at hand to invest in,
if i can be of help to your project.

Await your reply

Hello brucehylton and welcome to Expat.com!

To note that this thread is a year old! ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

mail ur details at - [email protected]
I can help for Indian informations

[moderated: off topic.]

you can contact me I know the solution to this problem

martin what type of business you want to do ?

i know how to set up business in India for foreigners

mail - [email protected]

@ tejas10 --> And how should they proceed? Perhaps you could share the infos with us on the forum. It may help the other members. Thanks. Karen :)

Am also looking up to invest in India.Here my email [email protected]
   Thnaks

Hi consultant7,

Can you please give us more details according to your project. :)

Regards,

David.

i know how to set up company for foreigners in India also now handling middle east company

those ruels keeps changing depending upon the wind, the econimics, weather, and the mood of the visa office'rs wife.

[moderated: off topic.]

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

please tell us your details then only we can help you to set up business in India

Hello, I have been in business here since 2008 and have a private limited company.

I custom build motorbikes, export them and facilitate bikes for rentals and tours.

Regards

Chris

Present system is that you require a letter or document for the support of a proposal for a business or joint venture etc,

Usually you would get a multiple entry visa for the length of your passport.

Once you have your visa you then have to go to the FRRO office and they will decide if they will validate the visa for staying for the full length of the visa. Otherwise every 180 days you need to leave and then return again.  Note that the FRRO will want to see some good documents and also proposals for you repatriation should it be required.

They don't grasp the small business concept by foreigners to well, to many in the past using tourist visa's and doing big business, great for the country though no taxes paid but not the correct thing to do and to many massing about causing trouble. so we all end up having to play by new rules.

Chris

please tell full details of business for indian regulations

I have set up a business for middle-east company for supplying petroleum products for Indian market I also book orders for importers here so anyone wants to sell their products to Indian market can contact me for further - [email protected]

[Moderated : No Free ads on the Forum]

Hello Mira
My name is Dani and your name keeps popping up when I look for opening a small business in India so i was hoping you might shed some light on the issue even though it's been a few years since you got established.
I am intending to open up a fitness related business (I teach Aerial Dance, Aerial Yoga and Pole Sport mainly) in Pune so I may join my long term boyfriend over in India. He is helping me to put up the funds and would go joint venture or limited partnership with me to make the process easier. However we really have no clue how to get the ball rolling correctly. I mean I am even uncertain as to which visa to start with. I know I will need a business visa eventually but can I go over and at least get things started on a tourist visa? I mean looking for venues, speaking to a CA and such. On the other hand can I apply for a business visa just saying i want to have a look and see how it goes? I mean we are not talking about a 6 figure funding capital here.
Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Sorry I have not been on line with my Expat.com email ID for yonks.

Yes have been doing business here for about 7 years now and it can be expensive for all of the compliances.

It seems that foreigners have to have a private limited company, cannot just have a simple small business. So this means if this is still the case and I am not up to date on it all but registrations and tax filing can cost around INR Rs 100,000/- to start off and then around Rs 40,000/- annually.

You cannot start a business with a tourist visa but can get things in motion, leave the country and then once the business is formed and you have the documents, then you can apply for a business visa and it all flows on from there.

For the first 3 years or so it requires FRRO registration and then you can have residency documents but after the 3 yrs unless your business visa is much longer compliances require your business to be earning big money, really big money in order to retain FRRO residency. So without that we are required to leave the country every 6 months, Nepal is nice and then return. On a multiple entry business visa there are no issues with leaving the country for 3~4 days and then returning, well none that have affected me on my visa compliance get out of India every 6 months trips so far. So that is all very easy really.

Hope that this helps a fraction.

Marwan Itani wrote:

Hello every body, I am a non Indian National, looking to open a business in India, can anybody give me any information how to open a business and if I am allowed to, many thanks for all

if you want to open a business than you must need local partner for hassle free government laws

Marwan, much depends on the type of business that you want to set up. The Foreign Direct Investments rules keep changing to become more flexible, however in most cases for foreigners there is the need to form a private limited company and this does not require having an Indian national as one of the directors or shareholders. There was an update that has either come into effect or is soon to be in effect where only one director is required.

Many Indian CA's promote that they can give good advice for opening businesses but from my experience this is very much limited to Indian nationals or NRI's. The rules for foreigners are a little more complicated but still to a good and experienced CA a no brainer.

Chris

@Dani_B You can message me your queries, I'll answer them all. As I'd setup my dads biz here in Mumbai in 2006 and its still up there in the market.

sachingoel85 wrote:
Marwan Itani wrote:

if you want to open a business than you must need local partner for hassle free government laws

This post by sachingoel is misleading & absolutely incorrect (Moderated: no rude comment here please)

What chris here says is absolutely right. One DOES NOT NEED AN INDIAN PARTNER/DIRECTOR as a necessity for smoothness at authorities.

Infact the procedure is absolutely same for a company wherein you have an Indian director /shareholder along with a foreign National (or an NRI or PIO for that matter) & a company where all the director/shareholders  are foreign nationals.

The laws kick in soon as even one foreign entity is involved (for Director or shareholders)

& any sane businessman would know better than to get somebody unknown get involved in his company an unknown person involved just for the sake of his nationality when he has the choice to have his normal business team in place & no other unnecessary nonsense.

Good luck ! ;)

hi
to star a new business in a new country is the MOST DIFFICULT THING IN THE WORLD

however if u still want 2 go ahead, what is ur last 5 years experiance in what line of work,

do u want 2 do it alone or with a local partner,

b very careful about how u invest money,

if u tell me what u want 2 start i may b able 2 give simple guidelines.

helpall   mail me at

mira4bai4 wrote:

Sorry I have not been on line with my Expat.com email ID for yonks.

Yes have been doing business here for about 7 years now and it can be expensive for all of the compliances.

It seems that foreigners have to have a private limited company, cannot just have a simple small business. So this means if this is still the case and I am not up to date on it all but registrations and tax filing can cost around INR Rs 100,000/- to start off and then around Rs 40,000/- annually.

You cannot start a business with a tourist visa but can get things in motion, leave the country and then once the business is formed and you have the documents, then you can apply for a business visa and it all flows on from there.

For the first 3 years or so it requires FRRO registration and then you can have residency documents but after the 3 yrs unless your business visa is much longer compliances require your business to be earning big money, really big money in order to retain FRRO residency. So without that we are required to leave the country every 6 months, Nepal is nice and then return. On a multiple entry business visa there are no issues with leaving the country for 3~4 days and then returning, well none that have affected me on my visa compliance get out of India every 6 months trips so far. So that is all very easy really.

Hope that this helps a fraction.

Hello!
we want to lease a guest house in india(kerala)
in order to have a long term residence permit or business visa we understand that we need a company under our name, and for to open this company we need around 2 months.

Something is not clear for us about the correct order of doing things, and we have some question about it..

1 - Do we need to register this company before we ask for a business visa ?

2 - Can we come there with tourist visa and open one company under our names and then change our tourist visa into business visa?

3 - we are planing to start the business in july, but we will be there for 2\3weeks in april,
as this time will be not enough for complete all the company opening procedure. is there a way to leave this process to one person there (indian)?

4 - Is there any other way to have a long term resident permit without registering a company ?

Thank you very much.. :)

Greetings to you,

What kind of business are you looking forward to start and how much do you want to invest. You are welcome to communicate in my email address:

Regards,
Subramanyam

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please post an advert in the appropriate section of the website : Business partners classifieds in India

for best information contact Indian embassy in turkey, insha allah they will help you guys out.