Scrapping a foreign registered car upon arrival to Malta

Hi,
I am moving to Malta in October. I want to drive there with my car, currently registered and insured in Slovenia, of which I am a citizen.

My car is old and not worth much if anything, and registration and insurance expires in the fall. So, I am thinking about simply driving it there (useful for my stuff, and also Id like to drive accross Italy), and then unregistering it a couple of weks after I arrive, and having it destroyed/scrapped in Malta, at the car dump, or wherever one does these things in Malta. Is that possible, legal? I want to make it perfectly in line with Maltese regulations, and not risk any fines or anything like that. So, I would get rid of the car before applying for residency or anything, a couple of weeks after I arrive.

Does anybody have experience in this sort of thing, scrapping an old foreign registered car there, before it needs to be registered in Malta? Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

The rules for the disposal of a vehicle will be determined by the rules of its country of registration.
So  a vehicle registered in Slovenia will have to comply with the rules in Slovenia, whatever they are.
Once you have complied with the rules you will have to find a Maltese recycling plant that is willing to take the vehicle and give you official proof of disposal.

Or try selling it for spares to someone in Malta and hope it doesn't come back to bite you latter.

Terry