Anyone here have an IBC?

I wear a few hats, but one of them is that of operating an online business.  Right now it's modest, but growing.  I'm now moving (within the US) and will soon need to consider relocating/restructuring the corporate entity which handles the online business.

I will likely be moving again in the coming years out of my new state, and ultimately would like to live outside of the US, at least part-time, though not necessarily in Belize.  I'm leaning toward keeping the corporation domestic, but I'm curious about Belize corporations ("IBC"?).

At least online, they seem to be a favorite topic when it comes to asset protection discussion, though they also seem to attract those looking for outright tax evasion.  I have no intention/desire to go the tax evasion route.  More than anything, I'm just considering the legal tax benefits and asset protection afforded by an IBC.  It's hard to find unbiased information out there, as most sites with info are simultaneously trying to sell you the incorporation services.

So has anyone here created an IBC?  I'd love to hear your opinion.  Are they expensive and/or high maintenance?  Trustworthy?  How about rules/regulations?

Hi,

I too am interested in creating an IBC in Belize. Have you found out more? Made any progress?

Thanks

We worked through Atlantic Bank and it went very smoothly.  We did extensive research and it's definitely better to go through the bank.  They were very helpful, answered all our questions/concerns and guided us through the process.