Anyone near Permata hijau Residency (PHR)

Hi Guys,

I will be moving to Indonesia in a month, was there last week for a look and feel visit. I have shortlisted Kemang mansion and PHR for my stay. I will move with my family (wife and one year old son). Any recommendations between the above two choices. I love kemang area but the apartment is just decent and expensive offcourse, PHR apartment is very nice but area nearby is decent.

What would you guys suggest? Is there somebody near PHR area?

Imp thing to note is that my office is in Ciluengsi so i would be travelling everyday, atleast 4 days a week.

PHR is a good location and you can get to many places quickly however the traffic is bad in every direction as it is on a main route to a toll and into Tangerang through Bintaro, oh and it floods.

Kemang floods and is expensive and its full of traffic. I would live in Permata Hijau personally.

You will be doing a lot of travelling through some of the thickest traffic in the city from both Permata Hijau and Kemang if you're office is in Cileungsi. It is possible to escape the insane gridlock by starting off your day very early (I mean 05.00 am early) and be on your way before everyone else does, but even then, you still have to put up with the travel distance...

If possible, try to aim for a place somewhere toward the eastern outskirts of the city such as Cibubur. It may not be as strategically located as Permata Hijau or Kemang, but at least it's much closer to where you work. Unless of course you're very determined to live in either Permata Hijau or Kemang.... :)

Hi Luke

I live not exactly in Permata Hijau but around or closed to Permata Hijau. It takes 5 minutes only for me to Permata.

Yup living in Permata is convenience as you can find easy access either to Kebayoran, Senayan, Kebun Jeruk and/ or Pondok Indah. There is also busway pass Permata Hijau area.

Drop me inbox if you need other information.

Thx

@ Misterdon

Actually i was in Jakarta for a week.. the max it took me was one hour in morning and an hour and half in evening. i felt kemang was closer..I guess traffic is worse on friday or on days before holiday.

Actually i am getting nice cheap houses in ciluengsi but they are too big for me. Also i am not so sure about safety in houses and i guess a house will have more hassles e.g. maintenance etc.

I had almost finalised PHR but there are some issues now. The difference in rent for both is just 250-300 USD.

Honestly I just love the pool and other faciities at Kemang MAnsion so I am ok to compromise on the house itself.

Few doubts i have for Kemang,

are there any cheap grocery stores near by..like Carrefour, Hero, i dont want to buy regular stuff from Kemchiks.
Is there a nice day care near by or a school..

Luke you mentioned Kemang Floods.. how bad is it.

The flood in Kemang can be very horrible....especially in. front of Kemchicks which happened just few month back so no chance to get through with a sedan.....

@ happy hour - based on what you say i hope i will be fine in an innova or avanza right?

The floods are up to a meter in height so it does not matter what make of car you drive.
Carrefour blok m hypermart kemang village or pejaten.

Plenty of schools just search schools jakarta through  google.

[Moderated: pls post your advert in the housing section]