Local Dalianese offers helps to new expat

Hi, I'm Joseph, a 40 year-old local Dalianese. I'm working in a training school in High-tech Zone. Welcome you to Dalian. If you need any help for everything in Dalian, I would like to offer my help to you in many aspects. As return, you can come to my school for learning Chinese or you may come to join the English corner to meet more Chinese friends at my school for free.  Thanks.

You are great! I'll be sure to contact you once I arrive in Dalian!

Annie

Oh am in wafangdian. I can come visit

Thank you. I'd like to meet you guys.

Thanks!
I will be arriving in August and will be sure to take you up on that offer

I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

Hi there. I am planning to come to dalian with my wife end June 2014 for a 14 month period,I would like to know how to find a flat 1 or 2 bedroom fully furnished near the college.
Please advice. Also what all documents will be required for renting a flat. Do we need to show our resident permit to take a house on rent. As I believe my x visa will get converted to resident permit within the first 30 days. Thanks

Hi, Welcome to Dalian. I'm living in High-Tech Zone near many universities like Dalian University of Technology and Dalian Maritime University, etc. Please tell me which college would you like to stay with? I know some friends working as the estate agents may help you. Please leave your email address and I'll let them contact you as soon as possible.

Hi Lyg7703, thanks alot for your help. I am scheduled to reach Dalian on 28th June 2014 and will be staying there for 14 months period along with my wife. I will be studying in Dalian Maritime University, hence a 2 bed room ( or 1 bed room+ 1 study room) fully furnished flat in the range of 2000RMB will a perfect choice.

Thanks alot for your help. Looking forward to meet you in Dalian. Take care

Hello,
           I am new to Dalian. I am from Delhi, India. I am looking to make some friends. Joseph it is so nice of you that you are helping people out. I am looking to rent a place near Xinghai park and Ho Shei Jiao. If you have any reference please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Regards

Hi, Anjini,

You may call me at 139-9853-7918 and I'll ask some agents for your request. Cheers!

Joseph

Hi  @ Joseph - Can you please offer any help regarding some Indian spices availability..since you are a locality may be if any one of you know

Hi guys, While i'm not exactly in Dalian, I would like to find new friends around Ying Kou,Liao Ning,which is about 1,5-2 hours away from Dalian.
I am a new mother to a 4 months old son and staying here for a while.
I'm always up for brunches and lunches around town!

Annie

@hrishi19 Hi, I don't think you can easily find somewhere you can buy Indian spices in Dalian since we seldom use them for cooking. You know It's easy to find Japanese and Korean food here. The local pople always go to DaCaiShi to get almost everything.  Or maybe I can help you to get some spices on internet, like Taobao on which I have searched some results for you. Just tell me the name of the spices you want. You may come to my place after you reach Dalian. Good luck.

@Sophie Fisher, Hi, Welcome to Liaoning. Yingkou is a smaller city than Dalian and It's really not far from here. I don't think you can find a good number of foreign friends in that city especially westerners. May be you can go to some pubs or coffee shops where many foreigners like to go. Or I can help you to find some college students who can speak English in that city and you may seek help from them. Good luck.