What is respect ?

Respect is a combination of appreciation, admiration and recognition of a person being worth something. It can feel at times esoteric but most people understand respect. In our modern world respect is sometimes confused with fear.

The true measure of a man is how he treats you when others are not looking. that's true respect

reinspects came from heart directly not by just saying

u mean respect yap everyone agree on that

What comes due to fear is certainly not a respect............respect is something where you want to give for no reason.........if for some reason you respect also doesn't fit with the defination of respect.................

I think respect is down to your own standards sometimes and doing what is right with people - without respect there can be little or no friendship or even a simple conversation. You can also have respect for someone without ever meeting them. As they demonstrate actions which you have respect for!!

Self-respect can not be hunted. It can not be bought. It can be manufactured in our relationships with others. Self-esteem comes when we are alone, in quiet moments, away from busy places when we realize that knowing the difference between right and wrong, I did good; Recognizing that beauty, we offer our admiration; Knowing the truth, I said it. "Whitney Griswold

One of the fundamental traits of an alpha personality RESPECT

Respect has two major aspects.

Self-esteem comes from within and social respect that comes from others.

NEVER respect others comes before self-esteem.

in one sentence
respect is holding someone in high esteem.

It should be a mutual thing for it to make it beneficial for individuals and society.
People respect authority due to fear sometimes(with jobs) and that creates an imbalance
and resentment by the one not getting the respect.

great

u are also right

cast48 wrote:

It means valuing each others points of views.

Hello cast48,

Welcome to Expat-Blog.............
definately not ..........your point of view and my point of view may differ or may same and for that reason you do so.........no way

Regards,
Anil

Respect is something that should start within :)

jelvaleriomegaworld wrote:

Respect is something that should start within :)

I agree. Self respect is the basis for respect. If you have no self respect you will not therefore have any respect for anything.

Respect does not only apply to people. It also applies to property; if you respect something, you do not damage it or misuse it even if it does not belong to you or you do not want to keep it.

respect is always came from our blood so respect is the family values which show how respected family u came from

I disagree from you.................

kasih sayang wrote:

respect is always came from our blood so respect is the family values which show how respected family u came from

i agree with u coz respect cant be learn without a good blood

Smile always

can we learn respect by book or its came from family values i think we cant learn respect just from books it is a value came from blood to blood which show how good or respected family u belong to

syed zee wrote:

can we learn respect by book or its came from family values i think we cant learn respect just from books it is a value came from blood to blood which show how good or respected family u belong to

Do adopted people have no values then?

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
syed zee wrote:

i m not saying that madam but the adopted ones must have some values which come from its birth parents and treating others are also came in its blood 20% its change by the time and way he experienced how the world treat him or her.but 80% of them must show the family values of treating others.

I have no idea what you're saying.

Respect is, not crossing people's boundaries

telling people how u feel to their face not behind them
such as "with all due respect go f**k yourself"

chikky3 wrote:

Respect is, not crossing people's boundaries

telling people how u feel to their face not behind them
such as "with all due respect go f**k yourself"

well said

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
syed zee wrote:

its not about adopted or any other person in the world it is simple Good blood always show itself it is does not matter which part or class any one belong did u get the idea

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
- John Wooden said

i red a very good quote of Fyodor Dostoyevsky about respect he said "Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”

:top:  well said kasih

Meet expats all over the world

OR