New to Kuwait

Hey there, everyone!

I'll be relocating to Kuwait for teaching soon. Any pointers for a newbie? esp. about practical, everyday matters -- how to survive on your own before the first month's salary is paid, e.g. shopping for small items, such as toiletries, crockery/cutlery, bed linen, cellphone SIM card, etc. How much money (in KD) would I need of my own to make it through the first month? Accommodation & transport are sorted. I'm just a little anxious about meals and caring for myself that first month, or before I'm issued a civil ID, and can then start doing things....

read the other posts on the forum.if something remains unanswered.please ask.

I have gone through them all; nothing as specific as my enquiry

your inquiry has already been answered several times over,

check out this link about prices and search for Kuwait.

PS you should not have to worry about that as any company bringing you in should be paying you a relocation allowance, as well as put you up in a place for a month or so until you find something for yourself.

Useful link, thanks! Very useful (& reassuring!) information!

much obliged  :cheers:

100-200KD is fair enough depending on your lifestyle. Since your a newbie to be, saving will help you a lot. when I was new here the company provides the first month salary in advance. (its a great help too)
cant itemized the prices for each items you're requesting but I do believe that other troup here in expats will help you out.

thanks...

Thanks for the reply. I've been able to get some idea of the cost of living in Kuwait. It all seems manageable on my salary. I've also been advised by local colleagues who've been there for some time, so I was able to build up a potential support network from my current resident country. So, in all, I think I should be OK.....

the main point is dont worry, be happy, come here and enjoy, and if u dont, its not the end of the world,, experience is what u get when u dont get what u want :)

Okay, Mackdan.
Good luck and enjoy your stay... ;)