Is western union and moneygram are working in tripoli now????

I need to transfer money from tripoli,but I heard that from ladt 20 days no WU&money gram are working,as in black market they are collecting very high nearly 1500 Lyd=1000Usd can any indians suggest me and update of current situatn in tripoli.

it means you are unable to transfer your savings to your home country?

I am not sure for that .. but Aman bank is Gout alshalla and branch of airport is working western union ..good luck

sending money to our home country is much more difficult than earning money in Libya.....everywhere huge rush at WU counters and also fear of thieves.....even dollars are being xcnahnd at higher rate in local shops.....dont know when all these things will get sort out....

Why do so many people send money home? I just assumed I would earn it, save it, and take it home with me when my time was finished in Libya. Is it simply due to people sending money to support families in their home country? Or is it unsafe to keep a savings in Libya due to theft? Or are you not able to take the money home with you? Somewhere I heard that you can't leave Libya with more money than you entered with. It sounded strange to me so I assumed it wasn't true.
Please enlighten me.

I Am indian. Any Am working in 2 months in tripoli.still am not see any indian here.so please any indian and tamil speaking person are living in tripoli informing me

Faizalbe,
I would make a new post asking for other Indians in Tripoli to respond. Your post may get overlooked here. Many people only read the post if the topic is of interest.

Best wishes

Hello Faizal, A lot of indian are there in libya.. i think now at this time you found some..if not so.i may help you.some of indians moved from uae i know

yeah money transfer working

Money transfer companies are reportedly operating reduced hours, leaving many foreign nationals working in Libya struggling to send money home to their families.

Some Western Union and MoneyGram branches we use are not open at all now and others limit the number of people they will see per day and close early, one Filipino worker, Bienvenido Clavio, told the Libya Herald. Western Union has a big advert at Tripoli International Airport claiming it has more than 300 offices in Libya, but where are these? he said, adding that there were just a handful of Western Union offices in the capital.

Telephone calls to the five Tripoli agents listed by Western Union on its website yesterday went unanswered.

They told us that the problem is because the Central Bank of Libya (CBL) wont release the money, Clavio said.

Expatriate workers can technically send abroad via banks but here, too, similar problems are being reported. One bank told me that problems were being caused by workers striking, Filipino nurse Cecile Cruz said. They deal with Libyan customers first and then say they are closing because they have seen too many people. Once I waited for two hours so the man decided to help me  I think he took pity on me.

She explained that sometimes Filipinos sent cash back with fellow nationals whose employers paid for regular return airfares. However, since the Philippines upped the travel alert for Libya, some workers are concerned that they will not be able to return to their jobs in Libya and are choosing to stay put. Although the Filipino government is offering a system of voluntary repatriation because of the unstable security situation, comparatively few nationals have taken this up so far.

The timing of these transfer problems is very difficult for us because June is the start of school in the Philippines and many people here need to send money to pay for tuition, Cruz said. It is a big problem for one of my friends because she is paying for her mothers dialysis and medical treatment.

Almost all the Filipino workers in Libya had financial obligations back in the Philippines, Clavio said, whether to help their families or to honour monthly bills.

Banking woes for expatriate workers are not restricted to transferring money abroad. One businessman complained that, when he recently changed banks, it took more than a month to transfer company funds to the new account. The institutions here are in a coma, he said. The people want them to work properly but there seem to be many problems with the administration.

By Libya Herald staff.

Tripoli, 14 June 2014:

Request you to please let us know where the western union is working in Tripoli?

hi Vishal can i know ur emailid.i have to come in tripoli in next 2-3 week.i require some info.Thanks in advance

ok

Any open branch of western or money gram?

Aman bank of Grand hotel in Madina .. good luck ..last week i saw alot of ppl

I used an agency in Dara. It's expensive 1700 Dinar for a $1000 but no-one is using the official bank rate. They send the money on to Jordan and it is sent on from there.

Hi,Dude

Dude,I'm Working at 103 Field, Around 70 K.M from here there is one village named Awjilah, there Money Gram is still 5 day's a week.

since the past few months they're working normally and there are no more transfer limits or endless queues.

we hope that in the near future things will improve even more.

the people have sacrificed everything they had for a better change and they deserve a better and prosperous future.

Hi.
i"m in sierra Leone. My brother lives in Libya.
He want to send us some money since we are hardly hit by Ebola Virus, but say western union is not working in his state.
Any help on where it operates?