Moving in Late Fall...

Hi Everyone!

I am new here, not too sure where to begin!

My husband and I have always wanted to live in Prague and we are finally deciding to leave our life here and make the change.  We are from Canada and speak English. My husband's background is Polish, so he understands the language a little bit.

We are applying for a working holiday visa which is valid for one year- after that, if we like living there we intend to apply for a long term visa (not sure the details on that yet).

In terms of work we are hoping to work for ourselves and maybe supplement our income with a casual part-time job.

My husband's parents are born in Poland, so he can eventually get his EU passport I believe?

In any case, I would love to connect with some ex-pats and get more information on daily living, things to look out for and also employment, etc.

Look forward to your replys!

:)

Emma  :D

Hi Emma,
if you are interesting in living in the Czech Rep. this web expats.cz would be helpful for you. I spent few month in the USA in 1995 and 2003 so I know that any help for new expat is welcomed.

I live near Prague (10min. by car) and speak little bit English, Polish (my grandpa came from Poland) and my native is Czech. If you have any question let me know.

Best regards
Jirka