Moving to Malta from London!

Hello everybody!
I'm a 24 years old, living in London.
I'm Italian and i living in London since october 2011 and now i'm thinking to move to Malta for a couple of reason..
One of the first reason is that London is too expansive, at the moment i living in a flatshare and I pay £550 (670 more or less) per month in a double room, in zone 2.. crazy.
I working in the real estate sector, with only one year of experience, i have also 2 years of experience in a restaurant (in London) and in Italy I worked as a soldier for one year.
My girlfriend at the moment works in a Bar and in one month she's going to study makeup in a school here in London.

My question are: How expansive is a one bedroom flat? Wich city of Malta do you suggest? (we've been in Malta for an holiday and we enjoyed our stay at Bugibba, for us would be ok living there), it is possible to live at the beginning without a car and only using buses?
How works the real estate sector? And for a makeup artist there is a possibility there? And in general the situation of the work is good at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I can't answer all your questions buy can help with a couple. I live in bugibba, we pay £350 euros for a large 3 bed apartment, I know some who pay less and some who pay more. We are still relying on buses atm, my husband uses them to get to and from work so can be done.
I'm not sure about the jobs that you need sorry xx

stef88 wrote:

Hi! I can't answer all your questions buy can help with a couple. I live in bugibba, we pay £350 euros for a large 3 bed apartment, I know some who pay less and some who pay more. We are still relying on buses atm, my husband uses them to get to and from work so can be done.
I'm not sure about the jobs that you need sorry xx

Thanks for your reply :)
3 bedroom flat 350 per month? This is an amazing price.. why Bugibba is this cheap compared with other area? I found it very nice when i've been there and I also remember that was well connected with buses..
Did you find this house with an agency or with a private landlord?

Don't worry for the others question :)

Yep its a good price
Bugibba has a bus terminal so great for buses.
I tried to find one privately but used an agent in the end
You can look for jobs on here, Malta park and times of Malta.
Stef

think twice the rents are cheaper here so are the wages.I visited many a an estate agent & they seem a maltese only club you'll need connections besides you don't know the area.
you might get a job as waiter/barman but wages are low. & your girlfriend will have no experience.
Bugibba is great for a week but it will take 1 hour on the bus to get to Valletta.
the weather is good but the winters deadly boring very little to do.
Good luck
Michael