Used car: pre-buying check

I have to do a technical check to a car I would like to buy. 
Is anyone knowing a garage where I can do this?

Area: Muharraq/Arad/Hidd/Amwaj.

Thanks!

Although I have no personal experience, I have come across a few independent mechanics who offer this service. They might not be in the areas that you have specified. I have sent you the details by a private message.

Please let us know your experience. Good Luck!

5hutterbug wrote:

Although I have no personal experience, I have come across a few independent mechanics who offer this service. They might not be in the areas that you have specified. I have sent you the details by a private message.

The forum does like information to be shared on the actual forum as it means other people with similar questions can find the answers easily. So please share for all..

Gioxx, best thing to do is go to a bigger garage than the sheds on the side of the road, I'm sure there should be some near by where you live. This   Garage list may help you

Josnuggles wrote:
5hutterbug wrote:

The forum does like information to be shared on the actual forum as it means other people with similar questions can find the answers easily. So please share for all..

I was worried that someone might misconstrue this information as advertisement. Anyway, here are the details of the  people who offer to do independent checks:

1. 1 Stop Auto - info[at]1stopauto.org. Cell no. 36188844

2. Smart Car Check - 33330979

3. Simon - 39608502

5hutterbug wrote:
Josnuggles wrote:
5hutterbug wrote:

I was worried that someone might misconstrue this information as advertisement. Anyway, here are the details of the  people who offer to do independent checks:

1. 1 Stop Auto - info[at]1stopauto.org. Cell no. 36188844

2. Smart Car Check - 33330979

3. Simon - 39608502

I can personally recommend Simon. I have been a customer of his since I first arrived in Bahrain. He has an excellent team of mechanics.

Do you also recommend Simon for minor scratch fixings on the car or do you recommend him only for pre-buying checks?

I can recommend Simon and his garage for almost all issues related to vehicles. I have had minor scratches and scrapes attended to. And in my previous car he sorted out a major issue with the engine.

PS: charges are quite reasonable too.

That's brilliant. Thanks a lot mate.