Where to meet other pet dogs in Accra? Where to go for a walk?

Dear all,

I am living in Accra with my husband since six months now and we recently brought our dog from Germany to stay with us here in Accra. Everything went well and it seems she is getting used to the climate quite soon.

However, the dog is only staying on the compound now as we are afraid to go for a walk due to the wild/street dogs running around. Our dog love to run and play outside and seems to miss it a lot! Also she loves playing with other dogs and she seems to be very unhappy to be "alone" now.

I wonder if anybody suffers with the same problem and would love to allow their pet dog (our dog is very friendly, not a guardien dog and she is used to the life in Europe) to play with other dogs, as it also important for dogs to have contact with other dogs, otherwise it will be a huge challenge once you take your dog back home.

Maybe there is also a possibility to meet other dog owners in a public place? Is there any dog school here in Accra which are NOT training the dog to be protectiv, but just to be a normal and nice pet for the entire family?

We are staying near East Legon and I would be grateful for any advice or tip.
Thanks!

Katherina

Hi:

I am also looking for a place to walk my dog and for him to socialize with other dogs. I live near east Legon. Please let me know