American living in Calp/Altea

I am an American in my mid-30s living in Calp/Altea.  I would really love to meet other expats in the area for some hiking, chilling out or whatever.
Nikane

Hello Nikane :)

I am pretty sure that you will make interesting contacts on the forum.

Keep us updated about your expat experiences over there.

Best of luck

Karen :)

I'm also American in my mid-30s and living in Altea. I own a bar called AlteArte in Altea's Casco Antiguo with my husband! ([moderated: no free ads pls]) We should meet for coffee one of these afternoons, or you should stop by our place. We're open from 6 pm to 2 am every day. Would love to meet you!

Sara

Hi Sara!

Wow, so cool to know there are other Americans running around these parts.  I will have to stop in and meet you this weekend.

Nikane

Great! I look forward to meeting you!

Hi, I'm from England and often at Altearte, maybe we can catch up.
I'm there tonight Wed 17 Jul at about 9.30 and then again on Fri at about the ame time.
Cheers till then
Gill

Hi Nikiana,
would love to catch up with you.
My mobile number is xxx, maybe lunch one day or evening at Altearte in the old town
Gill
recoveringme.co.uk

Hi RecoveringMe,

Maybe you should avoid to add your personal details such as your phone number on the forum for safety reasons :D

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi, I was raised in Connecticut, my wife is Dutch and she is a Spanish lawyer, I am a realtor and we live in Denia.
My sister Rosemary lives in Altea and she is a English - Spanish teacher. We will be happy to help you.

Kind regards

Robert and Annemarie

Hi my husband and I along with our two children are hoping to move to the Altea area this year, our children aged 8 and 5 will need to attend school, we think state school would be best. We also need to rent a house or apartment.. any advice would be great.
Regards,
Joanne

Hi!

I live in Altea and our daughter (8) goes to public school in Altea la Vella. It is fairly diverse with children of all nationalities.

Are you in the area now looking at houses/apartments?

Bests,
Nikane

Hi Nikane,
Thank-you for the reply. We have just been looking at schools and houses/apartments to rent online. We will be in Altea start of March to try and sort some things out.
Any other advice would be great.
Joanne

Hi Nikane,
I should have asked you a few questions.
What school does your daughter attend?
What area would you recommend for a young family?
We are open to houses or apartments we would need 3 bedrooms.
Again thank-you for your message.
Joanne

My wife and I have been planning to retire to Alicante early in 2018 but have been thinking some about Altea. We will be in Alicante for the month of April this year to look around and plan on a visit or 2 to Altea. My main concern is a car needed to live in Alea?

Hello

You need a car everywhere, not only in Altea.

Regards

Robert

Robert, thank you for the reply.