180BD / month, is it just salary?

Hello everyone, finaly, Ive got the offer from 1 of the biggest fastfood chin in bahrain. They offered me 180BD monthly salary with free accomodation. It is actually only half of my monthly salary in the Philippines but I really wanted to work in Bahrain. I am assigned as Logistics officer. My worry are:

1. Is the offered salary fair? Actually they offered the same amount for supervisorial level and to me it is so weird that they are offering very low. Then they offered 280BD for Resto Manager.....
2. Is it enough?
3. Do Bahrain companies offer increase? When does it take?
4. If there is no increase in say after 6months, can I make this a ground to cancel my work contract with the company?
5. Can I work part time say Saturday and Sunday from other company? (If anyone can offer me to have  a part time work from this site, please contact me, I will be very grate full enough, please please)... thanks

I will be landing to Bahrain in a month.

Hope you help me. Thanks and God bless

Hi there. 

My sincere advise - if you are making more money in your home country, DO NOT leave that job and come to Bahrain or to any other country for a lesser pay.

It will make you feel bad and put you down psychologically.  I have seen this happen to many people.

Don't get carried away by titles. For all I know, "Logistics Officer" could mean someone who takes orders over the phone and allocates delivery guys for orders.

To answer your questions -
1) The pay scales and grades seem a little messed up.
2) Salary with accommodation of BD180 is ok to survive, but will be very difficult to live comfortably and to save.
3) companies do give increments, but its very small. 1 to 3 % most of the time, unless the job is at very high level.
4) there will certainly not be any increase after 6 months. And you cannot make that as a reason to cancel the work contract. The contract will be for 2 years and they do not need to change your pay during the entire two years.
5) you may have one day off. Part time work for one day may not be easy to find.

I know the above are not answers you wish to read, but I am just being honest. Please let us know if you have more questions.

Make a good decision. Best wishes.

Please listen to Farhaz, he is 100% right. The cost of living in Bahrain is so much higher than the Philippines - really I think you would be crazy to leave a well paying job in your home country for the package they are offering you in Bahrain. Do not count on any promises made by the employer unless it is noted in a contract. I hope you make the right decision for you.

To sum things up, neither it is logical nor practical for you to move to Bahrain considering your statements. Please remember that there is ONLY one purpose of OFWs leaving the Phils. - to gain a better income.

I do not understand what do you mean by "having an experience" - an experience of solitude? an experience of messing up your life? or simply to be called an OFW and become a pathetic "hero"?

Don't make your life complicated. This is just one thing you have to realize, if it was true that you are earning in the Phils. twice the amount of salary being offered to you in Bahrain, then be thankful that God blesses you so much. But if you insist to have an "experience" as your simple goal, then I am telling you, learn to love your family and you can answer your question.

use ur mind and don't go!

Sir I have an offer in Bahrain.. $452.41 for a teaching job. Is it just? Can I survive and save in Bahrain with that amount of money? Your reply would be of great help for first - timer like me. Thank u and God bless.

JayCredo23 wrote:

Sir I have an offer in Bahrain.. $452.41 for a teaching job. Is it just? Can I survive and save in Bahrain with that amount of money? Your reply would be of great help for first - timer like me. Thank u and God bless.

Hi JayCredo23. Since you have started another topic I will respond to your questions there. Link to that topic is: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=377214

I am 20 days old to Bahrain. Let me share my own experience. I cook myself, dont eat out, dont have time to go out. Dont spend on taxis as everything is just a walk away. Not yet received utility bills. Eat simple food. Talk to family in India daily. So my expenditure came around 100 BD in 20 days. You have to pay here even for drinking water. But then i hear from many people that they are surviving on 150BD etc. God only knows how they manage. I feel to be on a safer side your salary should be atleast above 500BD provided you are getting free accomodation and transportation. Else you will definitely need more even to lead a simple life. Good luck

BD100 in 20 days?  :unsure

That is a lot for a single person who does not need taxis.

I will be back in Bahrain mid-next week. I will contact you then to give you a quick refresher course on keeping costs under control.  :cool:

Till then ...

Farhaz wrote:

BD100 in 20 days?  :unsure

That is a lot for a single person who does not need taxis.

I will be back in Bahrain mid-next week. I will contact you then to give you a quick refresher course on keeping costs under control.  :cool:

Till then ...

haha ya may be coz i have included 15BD data card which i purchased here and few kitchen items one time investment. Recurring expenditure per month per person may be far less. I will be glad to take your lesson as am very bad in that subject. Thanks :)

I am sure we can also find cheaper data plans. :) Yes, you are right - the one-off set-up costs can stack up. But at least these are not recurring expenses.

Will be glad to give you a few "setting-up" tips. Speak then.

Hello ,
I got offer as personal trainer at manama. By noorentreprise fitness and spa owned by royal family. Its a 7stars service. They about to give me 715BHD as in malaysia my currently expenses is MYR6k. And i do research all the goods price is double from malaysia. As a malaysian working at Bahrain, roughly how much can i get there? to saving , and to have a same life style at malaysia like shoping chilling and travelling. 😩😩😩😩😩😩

Is it an all-inclusive salary or are there other perks like accommodation, transport, etc.?

Is that just a basic salary. My salary structure is BASIC + Commission. Accomondation and transport the company provided.

I have an offer APG school in the contract $800 is that the real value or in BD?

Sir is it APG? What is the real salary there in USD or BHD

dear raybil,

to help you better could you be more specific on your question. Can you explain more.

T&R

How much is the exact salary of teachers in arabian pearl gulf school?

No idea but usually saley offered would be in local currency however I'd double check with the school. Surely on your offer letter it would state if it was in dollars or dinars!!

It was stated in the contract $800.

dear raybil,

800 US Dollar equals is approximate 301.60 Bahraini Dinars. It is very low if accommodation/medical/transport  is not being provided by your employer, because these expenses are on a higher side.

Kindly go through these links to have an idea about standard of living in Bahrain
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=231960  : Definitive Guide to Bahrain for New Expats
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=337348 : cost of living

Good luck

T&R

Is it true that the contract sent by employer to OFW having $800 salary is just a requirement because if they disclose the actual salary in local currency of Bahrain the employer paid huge tax in the philippines?

Thank you for the information..

Hi
I am from india and I am a nurse. My husband is working in bahrain so I came here in search of a job. Right now I m jobless. I had interviews but nobody offer me a fair amount. now its going to be one year in bahrain for me. why I share my problem with u is if u are fairly paid in philippines y u r leaving ur job and coming here. Ofcourse many phinippinis work here from grade 4 to higher positions but it seems the salary offered to u is very less. my husband can support me financially thats what I survived here so far. But if u want to eat out ..llittle bit of roaming .. some window shopping..the money wont be sufficient. I am going back to india next month and try my level best to get a job somewhere or if I get an offer letter with good salary I may come back. If u are ready to take risk ..u can come over and try ur luck. Transportation is and food is costly here. If u can adjust with food and accomodation facilities or u r ready to  share with somebody ..tthen it would b fine. once u join a company and u work well ..they may not leave u. Salary increment and appraisal is a joke in bahrain. Only nurses doctors and paramedics are well paid I feel. Anyways good luck.

What is the exact salary in Arabian Pearl Gulf school a teacher? Is it really in USD or local currency. Thank you

raybil,

Salaries are usually paid in Local currency (Bahraini Dinar), i have never heard of any employer paying salary other than in Bahraini Dinar, sometimes they may mention USD in contract. To be really clear please contact your potential employer.

T&R

Thank you for the information. As mentioned in the contract its $800 thats whats he said but i dont know if thats the agreement between the agency in the philippines and the employer.

PLEASE make sure you personally read all the terms and conditions before you sign anything and if you have doubts please dont hesitate to ask here.

good luck

T&R

In your contract it's in USD but they will give it to you in their local currency.

Good day, am taking a security job in Bahrain with salary of 230BD, with accommodation not sure of transport, will this salary be enough as I have plan to bring my wife over after a while. Please I need your advice on what n what I can do. Thank you...

Not at all. With this salary you cannot survive with your wife here in Bahrain. Sometimes Companies dont pay salaries on time. In transportation you will have trouble and have to spend money. You will be living on hand to mouth if bring your wife. Also by your question it seems that company is not so trustworthy. So, stop this plan and start working on any other instead of wasting time. Good Luck !

Thank you. I really appreciate