Work permit

Hi Everyone,

I'm a foreigner holding a spousal permit and just got an offer of employment , but the offer is for a month's contract can anyone advise if it is possible to obtain work endorsement for such contract.

Theoretically, yes, however after applying and working, straight after this month contract you would need to re-apply to return to your relative's (life partner) visa.

This is assuming your applications are processed quickly (rare) and that you qualify for a life partner visa under the new regulations (5 year relationship).

A visa for a one month contract is like a licence to fly a helium balloon.

Hello JoeM,

Did you ever get the endorsement on your spousal permit. if yes what was the process?

Hello Immigration South Africa.

I am married to a South African and have a spousal relatives visa. Whats the process for getting business/work endorsement on my visa?

First you'll need a signed contract of employment and then you apply for the work endorsement. You visa type will change to a Section 11.

thank you immigratiosa. just checking the process incase i get the offer. i called  home affairs and apparently one now has to change visa status to a general work permit at the vsf centre.