MINIMUM BASIC SALARY FOR TRAVEL AGENCY MANAGER/CUSTOMER SERVICE MNGR

Hi Gents/Ladies,

Greetings!

I'm here right working in Qatar as an Assistant Manager in one of the big companies here and I'm planning to resign this end of June and hopefully get employed in Maldives. I just want to know how much is the minimum basic salary for a Travel Agency Manager or Customer Service Manager?
I hope to hear your prompt response.

Best Regards,

Sephen John

Hello jostcedric,

Welcome to Expat.com!  :)

You could check out this link :

averagesalarysurvey.com/article/average-salary-in-maldives/23112753.aspx

fill in a poll and get the information you are seeking.

Wishing you luck in your venture.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi Ken,

THANKS...

hi Jostcedric,

I'm also working in a travel agency, this has been my third company, but all are related, Salary always depends on your qualification and position,  it is also depends of the place ,if you will be working in a Resort (it is also depends on the resort category) because service Charge is the most important thing, but if you will be working in the city, mostly my friends are getting this: Executives ; 700-1K USD & Managers 1k - 2k USD or more,.. depends.

Hope it helps you. anyway, Goodluck for your next destination.

regards/leen

Dear Leen,

Greetings!

Thanks so much for this valuable information. Yes, I'm planning to work there in Maldives as Travel Agency Manager and Hopefully be hired. The agent who's trying to hire me after I resign here at Qatar as Asst Contracts Manager offered me 1k-1500 USD, Free Accomodation and food. My only doubt is that it is direct hiring,is it lawful and safe? Please I need your kind advice. Formerly, I work as Customer Service Associate Supervisor ni Makati in an US airline account for almost 4years before leaving for Qatar.

Hope to hear from you.

Fraternally,

Jost Cedric

Hi Cedric,

Glad to hear it helps you, Direct hiring here is not a problem at all,it is safe, we already have consulate here whom you can depends on with your any work related concern and problems if there's any, our Consul and staff are not Filipinos but they acted like they are, so accommodating and so helpful, regarding the general safety of the country, i might say it is 90% safe, been here for almost 5 years yet didnt encounter any problem with the people here at all. :)

If you further question feel free to ask me :).

regards/leen

Hello Leen,

I do appreciate your time helping me out hear . If you wont mind, what was your former work in the philippines? how's your work as a travel agent? I read by the way that if you go to maldives as tourist, and wanted to woworkrk there, you can't  because maldives law forbids it, is this true? Only those with work visa or work permit can work.

So you mean direct hiring is not prohibited in maldives then.But how about our immigration in the philippines will they stop you if you go to maldives to work even if you all the necessary documents?

anticipating your kind assistance.

Best Regards,

STEPHEN JOHN

Hi Cedric,

Good Morning! you can come with a tourist visa, and they will give you maximum 1 month to stay, on those days you can't work, but you can enjoy maldives while searching for a job, if luckily you find one then you need to exit again, your company will process your work  visa and you can comeback as soon as your new visa is ready.. if this will happen i suggest you not to exit in the Philippines,there are some country you can stay with cheap living, like Sri Lanka.

Direct Hiring is not Prohibited. as i mention before if your point of origin is from Qatar there no such hard process to deal, but if your origin is from Philippines to here, same process for the Maldives immigration,but in the Philippines you need to Process it in POEA as usual OFW. to get OEC- note that Necessary documents that POEA accepts are the below

All documents should be issued with Red Ribbon/Stamp from the Philippines Consulate- Maldives
1.Contract
2. Passport
3. work Visa

thanks/leen

hi Leen,

Thanks so much for the important information you shared. I hope that my agent will work things out immediately once I arrive in the Philippines. I'm just making sure that Direct Hiring is legal and all the documents that will be process are legalize.My agent told me for the processing, it will cost me 890$, is this fair enough or expensive?

Always,

Jost

Dear Cedric,

890USD??? You will be the one who will pay for that? is that for processing only?actually you no need to pay for anything,unless you go to agency but 890 USD is too much, that was prohibited here, collecting that much money from the applicant, i'm not sure but that's what i know, because if you will process your documents in the Philippines you need to spend another 200-250 USD.

Maldives Work Visa Process as per below

- First Company Quota (Visa) then
-Company Deposit for Employee- Payment should be shouldered by the Company alone($300+)
after the release of visa, they will need to get immigration/lawyer and labor ministry stamp and bring to Philippines consulate and pay 25 USD for Red Ribbon,(this payment can be shouldered by you) and send the original documents to you by DHL cost someting 50-60 USD.(3-5 days)
After you Receive the documents you can process that to POEA to get OEC takes only 1-3 days.

Ask ticket from your company, i dont know who will shoulder the ticket cost, it is depends on your agreement.

If Reimbursement, lowest airfare will be Tiger Airways from the Philippines.

I couldn't see any part where to use that 890 USD, anyhow, it is also depends on your agreement  i just specify to you the above fees for your reference.

regards/leen

Hi Cedric,

Just got through your profile you are from Tuguegarao as well :) , i'm from Santiago City, hoping your agent is not the agent i know.  anyway, just let me know if you do need help. ill try my best.

regards/leen

hi Leen,

Hmmmp this information sounds really interesting. So it will only cost around 250-300 usd including ticket to Maldives? I think the reason why it is that expensive because they will shoulder everything (Work Visa, Passport and documents processing and tickets).

For me right now leen, the most important thing is my agent will do the right thing, PROCESS my papers as per our agreement and get the job done. As for me to get the Job there in Maldives.This Tiger Airways, direct flight to Maldives from the philippines?

Wish me luck leen and I'll keep in touch with you.

Cheers,

JostCedric

hi Leen,

Yeah your right, Im from Tuguegarao, which means where just neighbors...
I think you know who is my agent, the agent is from santiago city as well can you tell me? Do you have FB account so it would be confidential?

Thanks,

Cedric

Hi Cedric,

Opppss, ticket are not included, one way ticket from Phil - Maldives ,cost below

Tiger Airways- 400-500 USD oneway
Malaysian airlines - 600-800 USD oneway
Singapore Airlines - 700-900 USD oneway.

of course, wish you so many goodlucks as well. :)

regards/leen

Dear Leen,

What's the time right now in Maldives? Am i disturbing you in your work or its your day?

Its that true, I hope not because my agent is charging me that much and i believe the ticket is included. you have an email address, can i have it? You haven't replied yet to my second reply.

Regards,

Jost

add me :) [email protected]

Copy that thanks  ;)

Here's mine : [email protected]     :top:

Hi leen,

Thanks for giving me your email add and i actually sent a message last night. I checked my messages with my agent and that 890$ includes contract,visa,documents and plane tickets already.

Appreciate the information that you gave me, it really helps. By the way if you wont mind, can I ask the name of your agent in santiago city? You can sent it thru my email [email protected] if its confidential.

Godbless,

JOST

shes not my agent :). add me in Facebook :).. Note that visa,contract, and other processing,should not be shouldered by you, it will be shouldered by your employer.ticket also will be shouldered by your employer..

@ leen > I invite you to register your company in the Maldives business directory please. :)

Thanks

Priscilla