Moving to England with a child

Hi everyone I am new here :)

I am considering moving to England (London or outside). I am currently living and working in South Africa Cape Town and work in the Film and TV industry. I am need some advise on how to go about this, finding a job and best options for accommodation for my daughter and I. Some advise on visas and how much money Im need to have saved before I leave. Please help in all areas. I don't know anyone who has done this before. I am in touch with a TV company in London who I have met before and they were keen to hire me at their offices in South Africa but they didn't end up making the move. I would love to work for them in London now that I am considering staying their. How do I go about contacting them and asking for sponsorship? Please help I am a bit lost at the moment.

Thank you

Bamble,

You are probably being over ambitious and I believe there is nothing wrong with it . How old is your daughter? Who would look after her when you are at work? Most of the prospective employers will get deterred if they figure out that you have domestic problems like looking for accommodation, settling in etc. After all we live in a selfish world!

Let us start from getting into the UK on a tourist visa or a visitor's visa, please watch some clips on youtube/uk immigration where ladies from SA were refused entry only because the officer found copies of CV in the suitcase of the arriving passenger. So principally speaking you should have a job prior to entering in the UK and you need to come here on a work visa.

Another very sensitive question: You probably thought SA was a country associated with racism and discrimination. Having lived in the UK for long lime I found it the hard way. If you have a slightly darker tone of skin. curly hair and  speak english with a slightly non UK accent, you will continuously face problems.