Rent a flat or a house in Karachi

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Karachi. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Karachi.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Karachi?

How to find a home in Karachi: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Karachi?

answer: It is not very difficult neither too easy for foreigner..it becomes harder if u are alone i mean bachelor/single guy/single lady...For families and those who have some local relatives/friends its not that tought.

How to find a home in Karachi: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

answer: In every residencial area you can find this small shops which are actually real estate agency(they have a sign board outside their shop saying (...estate/agency..we buy and sell rent properties).
there are some sites as well i'm giving the link here
karachi.olx.com.pk/
zameen.com/

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?
ans: an average rent for middle class well furnished 2 bed room apartment in a good area will be around 15000-20000Pkr
Refundable advance during taking the flat is about 45000-50000
but u can negotiate and take it to much lower like 30000pkr
plus u need to pay the estate agency their fees which is equal to ur first months rent..eg.if your rent is 8000 then they will charge u 8000rs.
but one thing is very important which you should know is whenever they see a foreigner they try to increase price of everything..so its better to have some local friends to help you get an apartment..

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?
ans:Passport copy with valid visa..usually a written contract is being made b/w the tenant and the owner of the house/flat in the presence of someone from the estate agency.and its the owner who decides what other documents he is willing to take from you.

Which advice would you give?

ans: Its not very difficult to find or rent an apartment if you have local friends..but other wise its very difficult and specially for non urdu speaking foreigners..and always be very careful while moving around or making any deal.Dont trust anyone unless and until you know them very well.

Thanks for helping dr.jhasan :)

Armand

well if u want to rent accommodation in karachi the best bet is apnakarachi.com

Hi you can find on OLX its better dear and open google type google.com.pk then search i need a flat or a house for rent in a Karachi
am also finding a house portion and i saw alot and i found from olx and a google and if you didn't find so just give me all requirements hope i'll search  its easy way oki see ya babye

Thank you for contributing umair imad! :)

Aurélie

(moderated: off topic)

YES CHECK OJ INTERNET AND PERFABLY CHOOSE A LARGEESTATE DEALER VISIT AND CHECK WITH MORE THAN ONE TELL YOU WANT TO SELL OR RENT OUT AND THEY TELL YOU MARKET PRICE THEN YOU CAN TALK OF BUYING OR RENTING FROM SOMEONE WHO IS BEST

Thank you qasimnaseem but could you please lower your caps lock so as to ease the reading? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

We truely welcome if you are coming In karachi . No worried about rent In karachi it is a so cheap city. 20 to 30 $ is enough for one room for a single month . If you are coming alone.

Hello Ali kazmei,

Did you notice this thread is One year old?  :D:cheers: