Hi, my real name is Dave, looking for info to a better life

Hi, sorry but this will read the same as my profile.  I just wanted to introduce myself and see if anyone has good input on how to start a wonderful life abroad.  Thank you for your comments.  My profile in short:

GAARDIAN
I am not yet an expatriate, but I am looking for information about life abroad.
I am American, and I would like to live in Mexico. I am currently in San Antonio.

About me

Hi, I'm new to all of this but have been thinking about moving out of the US to live a leisure life in peace outside of the US. I'm a retired military man, looking to make the most out of my retireiment, because the economy in the US is not enough to live on these days. I would like to find out as much as I can to live abroad within the safety and confines of people just like me. I just want to be happy and take long walks on the beach drinking my cold beer in peace with no one up my butt. Sorry to be blunt but that's how I see it.

I can speak english, some spanish

My birthday is on 14 April, I was born in 1969

Interests

having a cold beer, laughing, living life in peace, loving and listining to my favorite music

Hello Dave:
I am not sure about the type of locale you are looking for, but you will find it all somewhere in Mexico.  I live outside Puerto Vallarta in a small town called Bucerias and love it.  It is peaceful, yet has restaurants, clubs, volunteer outlets, ocean and wonderful people, both expats and locals.  If you are checking out different areas google Bucerias and see what is offered here.

I wish you luck.  I have left the US and have not regretted my decision, but it is not for everyone.  Should you need any other info, let me know.

Diane

Hi I recommend Puerto Vallarta, Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Mazatlan Sinaloa
they are places with sea

Hello Dave,

A good place might be Mérida, Yucatán, for you. The are many retired people from the States and Canada. There is a big English speaking community and the people are friendly.
Try this page for more information.           You should try the webpage yucatanliving
Good luck!

Henriette

hello, gentlemen!
I am mexican and currently IŽm living in Queretaro (Mexico). I saw your comments and want to get at your service to help you if they you to live in Mexico.
As in all countries, in Mexico there is violence and peaceful areas. Fortunately for you, living in Mexico is or should be much better, because life is cheaper here.
Many Americans live in villages near of here classified as magical villages. Very quiet villages, which for nationals are expensive, but for you are not. This ensures that the standard of living is nice for you.
Many Americans who live in these villages, are retired people who want to live better and in peace.
In Querétaro, you will be in the midle of the country, and we have variety of weather. The beaches are near of here and you can decide which you want to visit. Live in the beach could be problematic, due to the sun and humidity.
If you are interested in more information, I do not do that as my main activity, but I can help you.
Regards,

Choose Playa del Carmen, you wont be disappointed!