Everyday weather in Cancun

Hi.....I am planning to moving to Cancun...because cost of living is more convenient for me living on a small pension....Also I like the fact that it has an international airport I can get cheap flights anytime to  USA....my only concern is the weather....
I know it is a warm weather and I like that...but I wonder is it really posible to live there in a place with just a fzn???? is it air conditioning, really a need???_::::
I heard all sort of ideas...what I know is that places by the sea are cooler so Cancun should be a little cooler than Valladolid..
I know there are a lot of Canadians there and if they stand the weather , well, I should be able to get used to but I would like to here more opinions, about weather in July and August..I am not concerned about tropical storms at all nor hurricaines...just the daily weather...do I have to sweat sipping my coffee or having my lunch??? can I enjoy my walks withouth the transpiration??

Hola Zoey,

We moved to Akumal in November 2012.  So I have not experienced a July or August as of yet.  But I can tell you that "yes" it does get hot.  If you are used to an Air Conditioner, it will be tough without one. 

We have had two mini-splits installed in our rental home in February.  Now we say that we don't think that we could have made it without them.  We also have 6 fans running. My husband is thinking about a third one. 

So I would say unless you are living directly on the water it is going to be hot.  We are only a KM from the beach.

Good luck with your move! 

We truly do enjoy our slice of paradise!:cool:

The weather its always the same around +30. Sometimes it gets humidity and rains, but in total is perfect for living!

When is it rainy season in Cancun?

Hello twoluckystar and congrats on your first post on the forum! :top:

For info, this thread is inactive since June 2014. Hope you get some responses too though!

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team