Moving to cancun

Hi I'm Laura and am really new to all of this but I am looking at moving to cancun in August of this year and I am looking for any tips or advice you may have for me

Thanks in advance

Hi Laura,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Please do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

All the best,
Christine

Hi Laura,

Ive been living in Playa Del Carmen which is not far from Cancun for over 8 years now so if there is anything you would like to know just let me know!

Rebecca

hey Rebecca! my name is Brittni and I am 24 years and want to live and work in cancun. I have heard that finding work can be very difficult because a lot of jobs are reserved for the Mexicans. Do you happen to know if hair dressing is a reserved job? I speak English French and Spanish if that helps!

Cancun sucks. I lived there for 4 months. I was relieved to get out of there and move back to Mexico City.

Sorry to hear you hated your experience..how come!?

HI , IF YOU SPEAK FRENCH , AND ARE NOW IN CANCUN , I HAVE A JOB POSTED HERE FOR A FRENCH PHONE ASSISTANT ,

ICI >>>>>>>>>
Je suis FRANÇAIS/AMERICAN, J'AI UN BUREAU D'APPEL ici à Cancun sur la plage, JE CHERCHE UNE ASSISTANTE/AGENT SECRÉTAIRE / QUI PARLE FRANÇAIS POUR DES APPELS collection, travail M-F, 9-3P, laissez-moi savoir si vous CONNAISSEZ UNE PERSONNE ICI? LOU: 998-897-5946.......

Hi Sirlou,

I suggest you post your job offer in Jobs in Cancun section :).

Also can you please avoid using caps-lock for better visibility :).

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team.

[moderated: wrong forum + pls lower capslock.]

Ca paye combien ca 25 hrs semaine? Merci

Hi Elle2014,

Please note that this is an old topic (2013).
I will also advise you to speak in english here on this english speaking forum, as not everybody can understand french. However, if you wish to speak in french, feel free to create a new thread here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4145;)

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Laura! how are you? are you in mexico already? how are things going on? did you find a good job? i live in pachuca,hgo. its a nice city, there are many places where you could find a job too. If there is anything i can do for you,just ask ok. On the other side, i would love to live in uk. can you give me any advice? i would like to teach spanish....or any job i can find, i dont mind at all. please stay in touch and feel free of asking anything you want about mexico.
Gaby

Hi there!

My name is Anouk, I'm from Montréal Canada. I'm moving to Playa del Carmen with my family on August 2014. I would like to meet new people to help me with my integration in the country.

I also speak French and you can read my introduction in the French version of the site.

Have a good day!

I prefer Playa del Carmen! And suggest you to choose Playa, if there is possibility!

mauricija wrote:

I prefer Playa del Carmen! And suggest you to choose Playa, if there is possibility!

In what way in Playa better? Thanks