Public transportation in Yorkshire

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Yorkshire ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Yorkshire?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Trains are quite pricey - but there are lots of them. You can get cheaper buses etc. I guess it depends on where you want to go! All transport is very safe. Let me know of you want more specific info :-)

Hi Jennniff, thanks for your contribution.;)

Harmonie.

Trains are available in all large towns and many smaller ones but they can be expensive.
Busses are generally well maintained and much cheaper.
Taxis and private hire cars are available in most larger towns.

The road network is extensive and mostly well maintained.

Buses are preferable cause you can get cheaper prices with around 6 pounds for a long journey. There are national trains in Yorkshire; however, people rarely use them due to the long waiting time. Definitely, transportations in Yorkshire are safe.

I am American and have been living in Bradford for about 8 years.  In my whole time here I have never needed a car for my daily routine, so I don't have one. The trains are pretty great and taxis are everywhere and buses are pretty reliable during the day.
It is hard to comment on pricing because it depends where you want to go.  I have found that trains are cheaper if you aren't taking a long journey, but buses have reasonable day pass prices.
The websites are pretty helpful.
Wymetro.com for busses
Being a woman, I haven't ever felt unsafe on the train or bus.

bulla,

By the way how much is a day pass now a days, I used to study at the Bradford Uni.