Looking for friends in Budapest

Hi Krisztina - nice to hear from you. There are quite a few expat events in Budapest, along with websites. We use Facebook to communicate with each other here, so you should probably check out the various sites on there. There's Expats Hungary, which sponsors monthly social events around town and is very good group to use to meet new people. Their events usually draw upwards of 50 people each time, so a great way to get introduced. If you Friend me on Facebook I'll add you to this and other local groups so you will receive notice of the events. Baby Blue Banana also sponsors weekly pub quizzes at Caledonia pub and a new pub nearby - forget which one - and they are also on Facebook. In addition, we have a semi-private group called The Club which meets every Friday from 5:30-8 PM in the rear rooms of Champs Sport Pub at Dohany u. 20 (just up the street from the main synagogue) and which also has a fun and social membership. Check Funzine magazine for other get-togethers around town. Also Xpat Loop website sometimes posts info on gatherings and events. Main thing is to find the events and begin attending. trust me, everyone here is very welcoming of new arrivals and you will meet lots of new people very quickly. Plus, if there's anything else I can do to help you get more acclimated, please let me know. Hope to meet you soon.  Gary Lukatch

Hi:
I just saw your post today because of a recent response by another member. I see you posted it in August, so you probably have many friends and activities to do by now, but I will make a couple more suggestions to the list of good ones Teachrman suggested. This is an excellent worldwide group, and they have parties and events monthly here in Budapest, with a good English-speaking crowd of expats and locals. Also, www.couchsurfing.org/ is an international group, and they have parties regularly here in Budapest.
Best to you, and hope to see you at a party! :)
Paul

Hi I move to Budapest very soon, how are you finding it? I need a good gym :-) Kathy

Hi
I m Tunisian 40 years old.i m living in Hungary since 1999.i m in budapest now ans i am looking for friends.
My email: [email protected]
003670 3016910
I m waiting for your answers
Have a nice day!
Abbes

Brilliant, I move there next month!

Hi teachrman i am new in BUDAPEST and looking to meet other expats can add me to your groups? My email is [email protected] thank you in advance.   

Teachrman wrote:

Hi Krisztina - nice to hear from you. There are quite a few expat events in Budapest, along with websites. We use Facebook to communicate with each other here, so you should probably check out the various sites on there. There's Expats Hungary, which sponsors monthly social events around town and is very good group to use to meet new people. Their events usually draw upwards of 50 people each time, so a great way to get introduced. If you Friend me on Facebook I'll add you to this and other local groups so you will receive notice of the events. Baby Blue Banana also sponsors weekly pub quizzes at Caledonia pub and a new pub nearby - forget which one - and they are also on Facebook. In addition, we have a semi-private group called The Club which meets every Friday from 5:30-8 PM in the rear rooms of Champs Sport Pub at Dohany u. 20 (just up the street from the main synagogue) and which also has a fun and social membership. Check Funzine magazine for other get-togethers around town. Also Xpat Loop website sometimes posts info on gatherings and events. Main thing is to find the events and begin attending. trust me, everyone here is very welcoming of new arrivals and you will meet lots of new people very quickly. Plus, if there's anything else I can do to help you get more acclimated, please let me know. Hope to meet you soon.  Gary Lukatch

I am planing to  spend some quality time in Budapest and would love to find friends there. I am interested in getting around, night life and fitness.
Feel free to contact !

hi to all...i am new to Budapest and looking for new friends ;)

hi everyone

you can add my friend also new in this country:
http://www.facebook.com/maliksalsa

Hello guys,

I am also relatively new in this country and have tried to organize something with other expats but by now have not met that many people through this blog.
Maybe we can organize like a smaller get-together sometime soon.

Let me know if you'd be interested and have a nice week,
Alice

Good idea Alice, if there's something I would be glad to come.

Welcome to our newest Immortal! Good to have you here. Some good places to visit to start making local contacts are:
Caledonia Pub on Mozsar utca, near Oktogon; it's a Scottish pub, so you should feel right at home. Owner Patrick McMenamin is from Edinburgh. Also, every Friday evening from 5:30 to around 9 there is a gathering of local expats at The Club, successor to the former Britannia Club inside the British Embassy. We meet at Champs Sport Pub in the rear bar area, lots of good contacts, so please come down. Check the Internet for Expats Hungary, which also meets monthly, along with Internations and the Viking Club, which are also on Facebook too. These should give you a good start to making new friends here in Budapest. If I can be of more help, please let me know. I'll be here through this Friday, but traveling from then until May 3, but everyone here is very friendly and accommodating so whatever you need I'm sure you can find it. Especially get in touch with Stuart McAlister through the Expats Hungary website and Facebook site; he owns the Interrelo relocation company and has been here since the mid-1990s. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Gary Lukatch

Thanks for warm welcome and inputs Gary..will see you there soon.
Aye!

Dear Gary,

Are these meetings/info for all expats or only for the Scots guy (the highlander)? Although you wrought a pubic message it felt like it's an invite for him alone.

thanks,
Alice

Sorry, was responding to the Highlander's request, but of course the gatherings are for everyone. Welcome one and all! Hope to meet you soon.

Gary

Teachrman's post was in general with no secrets or hidden agenda. Very welcoming and useful, for all to see.

cheers

To highlander,

I was asking to be sure it's not an anglo-american invite in order to avoid misunderstandings. I wasn't trying to offend anybody. Gary answered very helpfully and nicely so I don't understand your tone.

To Gary,

Thank you very much for your answer. Indeed very helpful.

Bye,
Alice

Hi All!

Are there any Croatian-Slovenian-Bosnian members here? I'm from Croatia working in Budapest for a few months now and would like to meet new people, other nationalities are welcome as well!

If anyone plans doing a tour or sightseeing of the city, get in touch!

Cheers
Gordon

I've lived here some years ago, but back now to dig in and really making an effort to learn this difficult languange. Some international friends would be great...

hallo Kristina
ich bin aus der schweiz und seit etwa einem monat hier in budapest...vielleicht sieht man sich ja mal? gruss, bruno

Hi bruno,

Please can post in English only on the on the anglophone forum for other member to read an participate. :)

Regards,

David.

For new expat arrivals in Budapest: IN addition to several other social networking groups around town, we also have one called The Club, which meets every Friday evening from 5:30 to 8:30 in the rear rooms (separate bar area) of Champs Sport Pub, Dohany utca 20, abut 100 m up the street from the main synagogue. This is an open group, and anyone can come along to meet local expats and Hungarians. Some people do decide to join The Club, for which there is an annual subscription which entitles members to free entry to monthly events and special drink and food offers. Guests are always admitted free. We have a Facebook group where you can learn more about The Club: The Club, Budapest. If you're interested in meeting a fun group of international people, please come join us. Hope to see you there.

hey Kristina ,

Im Kris just moved to Budapest recently from Toronto.

how are you? hope all is well...:D

take care,

Hi kristoz83,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this discussion is a bit old and Kristina last post is dated a year ago :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat.com Team

are you still in bucarest?
:rolleyes:

keliño wrote:

are you still in bucarest?
:rolleyes:

Wrong city/country ;)

Hello everyone, I've lived in Budapest for the past couple of months, and am trying to make some friends in the city.

Feel free to message me if you'd like to meet up!

Hello everybody,
any expats meeting in the next days/weeks in Budapest?
Let me know pls, I am italo-hungarian, spending some time in Budapest every year, I'll be there again from Wednesday, thank you!

Hi Kristina,

Here is an another Krisztina.

I have recently came back from the UK after living there for 4 years, so I have some experience of being an ex patriot.

You could write me what are your interests, hobbies if you like.
Can I ask why did you choose to live in this city?

Cheers,

Krisztina

Hi Gary,

I would be interested in expat events as well, could I add you as a friend on Facebook?

Cheers,

Krisztina

As this topic has lots of subscribers, let's get a meeting together on Satuday:
please respond in the below topic if you're interested
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 90#1717972

Thanks Matthias.:)

i am indian and looking for friends :)

@ singh.mann: A little introduction might be helpful for the members to know you better and to share your friendship :)

thanks Hasnaa.. :)
i am indian and i have been in uk for study 1 year .. i like to talk with new people and know about their culture. i am very friendly with everyone :)

Hi everyone,
I'm a 25 yrs old PhD student from Italy and I will stay i Budapest until mid July.

I'd really like to get in touch with some new people, in order to improve my english skills while having some fun time, so if anyone is up for a beer, just let me know!

Also, does anybody know where can I buy a secondhand bike in Budapest? A flea market or a place in particular...

Ciao!

[Moderated : Expat.com is not a dating site ]

Hi Kristina,

i'm alone as well in Budest.
Would you be up for a drink and a chat one evening?

Hi) lets meet for a drink) you can find me on Facebook Leo Gro

[moderated: removed asked by author]