Send international money

Hi all,

Does anyone know a way I can send money on a monthly basis to pay my bills that I have pending back in the United States? My bank here in Cambodia does not offer online banking. Do I need to open another account with a bank here that offers online banking? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for a bank that offers online billpay to American accounts?

Thank  you.

Anz or Canadia  may be able to help you . YOU have not provided your bank here in Cambodia?  Best suggestion is stop iinto a main branch of either of thes banks and ask? canadia is in Sorya Mall and there is supposed to be  someone who speaks bery good english and would know how they could assist you  Anz i dont know a connection yet! let me know how you do ? paul   ( wimbletone@ gmail.com).     Ps DESOLTO  on this site may be able to give some insight on ANZ bank

i have a bank account in the united states and here, but the one i have here through my employer doesn't offer online banking, so i need to open another account so i can pay bills online back in the U.S. i'm going to try acleda. i've heard good things.

What are the good things? - Biggest bank in asset? Many branches throughout the country? Many local open accounts there? One thing I don't like is that they don't provide bankbook unless you pay for it.  ANZ, canadia, etc provide bank book without additional charge

a bankbook isn't a priority for me. i just want a bank that provides online banking.

Y dont you if this works for you have your bank back home do automatic payments ...u have to have money in the account of course ..lol or u need to do a wire transfer and set up automatic payments  back home

that's the problem, i don't have money in my US account. i need to add money from my cambodian account, so i need to transfer but i'm having difficulty.

I asked at canadia when opening an acct and wanted to send monet to an acct in thai bank . They at the opening dept told me to send moneygram ! They also must be able to do wire transfer!

[Moderated: no free ad pls]

ANZ has on online form for international money transfer, I've never tried it though.
In general, their fees are quite high, $2 for a local transfer. For receiving an international transfer, I think they charged me around $40 or $50 last time.
So several monthly transfers to the US would probably accumulate to some ridiculous bill of banking charges.

You could still transfer to your US account on a regular basis, and pay your bills from there.