Babysitter recommendation for 6/20!

Hi all,
I am traveling to Porto de Galinhas for the WC and going to games in Recife. I am looking for a babysitter for my two kids, ages 2 and 4. I had someone lined up who has bailed. Any suggestions of where to look? I appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks!

If you're staying in a hotel in Porto de Galinhas and your original babysitter didn't recommend anybody when she bailed out, then about the only thing you can do at this late stage is to check with the hotel reception if they can arrange a reliable babysitter for your kids during the game. They might have a room maid that could certainly use some extra money and would be able to come in on her time off. If you luck out on this, I'd make sure to pay the woman a bit extra to show your appreciation.  That way also your kids won't even have to leave the hotel where you're staying. Don't know the going rate, but I'd offer to pay around R$20 per hour if I were you, somebody will probably jump at that figure.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Thanks but we're not staying in a hotel. We've rented a house. Also, I was hoping for someone English- speaking since both my kids are verbal. Any thoughts?

If you don't speak Portuguese yourself, it's highly unlikely you're going to be able to communicate with neighbors well enough to see if any of them can help you out. The fact you're staying in a rented house makes it much more complicated to find somebody on short notice than it would be in a hotel.

If you can speak to a woman in the neighborhood you might try and ask.

"Eu preciso de uma babá urgente para cuidar dos meus filhos durante o jogo no dia vinte, vou pagar vinte reais (R$20) por hora, você conhece alguém?"

That might get some response, but don't get your hopes up too high.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team