Can we afford to move to Baku?

Hi all,

I've been offered a job in Baku that's paying $3000US/Mth or about $2300 Manat...I would be bringing my hubby and 2 young daughters...do you think we could live a comfortable life on that income? And what about savings? I have to pay housing, utilities etc. and the only thing I get extra is free schooling for my girls...We don't need to live in the city center or anywhere expensive but I want somewhere safe, convenient and with modern amenities...

Any other advice or tips are welcomed...

Hi yasoda,

I have recently moved here with my husband and baby. We have been looking at apartments near the city centre upto 15mins walking. All the apartments we seen were very expensive... For a nice 3 bedroom one the cheapest we seen was 2500 manat per month with utilities on top of that. I know they are cheaper out with the city but not sure by how much. If the company pays the rent, utilities, schooling and medical etc. then you would be comfortable.

2500 Manat is really  extraordinary. I m living Genclik (two station from Sahil Station) with 250 m2 , 3 bedroom,flat and 24 hours security guard outside. totally 850 Manat (without heat and internet) you can live with that salary but you cant save. Sure it s all about which standard you prefer..

Okay, thank you. I think I'm going to say no to the offer...

Hi,it's not difficult to live in Baku.You can comfortably live in Baku any where.there is many nice area to live like Narimanov.there is a various facility.park,restaurant, caffe, bar, Academy etc although u can choice Nizami. It's some expensive.And better where or working place take residence there. Every where is good to live in Baku.
Thanks.