New Immigration Laws 2014

Hello,

I have received an email which I am having problems understanding regarding up coming changes in Kitas and Retirement Visa's.

It said that Retirement visas are only good for 6 months and cannot be extended and 6 month KITAS can no longer be extended. Is that true does anyone know. I planned on relocating to Bali but I won't if I can only stay 6 months on my KITA and my mom was planning on retiring to Bali as well.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All

Post the contents of the email.

This is the email I received:

Dear Value Client,

For information, Immigration and Manpower has issued New Policy about KITAS holder with 6 months validity, the policy will be implement from July 2014.

KITAS with validity 6 months will no longer able to extend. KITAS holder with 6 months validity must Cancel they KITAS (EPO) before the expiry date and then leaving the Country.

Also for foreign who will apply NEW KITAS with age more than 55 year old will get only 6 months KITAS validity and cannot be extend.

Every year the Government more straight with their regulation and can be change during their necessaries.

Hope the information and help

Regards,

http://www.mondaq.com/x/258918/work+vis … +Indonesiahttp://www.indonesiaimmigration.com/ind … 0000000382

Those who are able to file and obtain KITAP card, among other things, are those who are as follows:

Foreigners who have legally married to an Indonesian citizen.
The owner/holder of shares of foreign company in Indonesia in the form of Limited Liability Company of foregn investment.
Former Indonesian citizen who have become foreign citizen and having the evidence of the withdrawal of Indonesian nationality letter from the Government of Indonesia.
Foreigner who is the holder of Retirement Visa in Indonesia.
The Child/Wife of foreigner who is the holder of KITAP.

A KITAP, if you fit the requirements, is valid for 5 years.

That should sort you out.
A retirement visa won't be a six month thing.

BaliB, please share the e-mail address (source) of that e-mail you received.

It's salutation is "Dear Valued Client" and as such, my interest is very high.

Thanks in advance.

Hope the information and help

Regards,

Visas Bali (CV. Bali Crown)

VISA - KITAS - SET UP COMPANY - LEGAL PROPERTY

Address     : Jl. Ahmad Yani No. 238 Lt II, Denpasar - Bali

Phone No  : +62 361 36 765 79

Fax No        : +62 361 844 2351

Mobile       : +62 85 338 228 286

Email           : [email protected]

A) No web site, B)  Office phone not working, C)  Cell phone not answered.

The two links already provided by Mas Fred are accurate and up to date.

If youre using this company as your visa agent I strongly suggest that you upgrade. 

Cheers, Roy

To be fair, I did just get a quick follow up phone call and the person who wrote the e-mail agreed with me that it's misleading and not accurate, however, I am still unclear as to what was intended to be conveyed in that e-mail. 

Good luck.

Wow. Just like a Balinese Magnun PI moustache and all....

Way to go Idaho. 

And so on

Thanks a lot for checking in Ubudian and Fred Mas thanks again for the links. Fortunately, I did not use them to obtain out KITAS. Not sure if I inquired with them initially ( that would explain how they had my contact info)  but can't remember. In the end our Balinese friend helped us in the end😊