Dishtv

Hi am staying in iraq(erbil) with my family.am from india(kerala). and i bought a Dishtv from there.Will it work here?is there any way to get the signals here.do anybody can help me to get it connected??

Same issue.....i think it's not getting recharged from either way...here or from India

By Dish TV you mean satellite or it's a service provider from India?

I'm using Satellite TV with polish subscription. Actually I'm using existing dish in your building, just connecter satellite tuner from Poland to it and it works perfectly.

If you want to have Indian channels you need to poing satellite in correct direction to reach your satellite (for example I'm using Hotbird 13E), this website migh be useful -> dishpointer[dot]com

Only thing I needed to do is change "country" up in satellite tuner from Poland to Other and it works great.

Good luck!

Hi kauczuk,

The indian channels he is referring is the specific channels provided by the dish satellite and I think it can be broadcasted through some selected services in India by a monthly payment recharge.We have checked nilsat n hotbird as well before.And FYI...one of my fren have installed the dish TV by paying some 400_450$ to a nearby installation center,and its working fine.....
GOOD LUCK!!!!

Can anyone pls let me kniw...how to subscribe for Indian channels in Erbil...
I tried reading  the previous posts but I guess could not understand much :)

Do we need to bring our Dish tv from India for this ??

You don't need any equipment. Dish and tuner you can buy here, most of them have slot for card so what you need is just buy subscription in India, you will get a card that you put into tuner. Then it's a matter of setting up, pointing dish in right direction and it's working.

Yes, you have to bring Dish TV from India, or else you cannot watch Indian channels, except b4U Aflam, and one more..

Thanks for the reply guys.... We just got the PEHLA subscription from OSN :)
Now most of the Indian channels are available :)

how much does a subscription cost from OSN? (for these indian channels)

It's 298$ for six months subscription and 528$ for a yearly subscription...currently they are offering only six months and yearly subscriptions

Thanks Roli for the information.
Where to contact for the OSN subscription. Particularly, any shop in Ainkawa do that?

You are welcome sir :)

You can contact them at their address
63/255 street 60m

Thank you Ms Roli

was just checking the posts & in yr reply found the details of the package to be selected. could you tell me from where you got the Satellite receiver & pack?

Thanks Roli for the info provided. Any chance of getting their numbers?? Finding them with the Street address, seems to be a bit tricky.

Hello I m indian live in najaf iraq
Iraq men dish tv open howa?

Hi,

I have dish tv, I bought from India and I got signal.but channels not coming. can you please tell me dish tv works here