Hanoi in foreigners's view

Hey, are you foreigner? Have you been in Hanoi? How do you think about Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam? Let's me know your comments and we can make friend with each other! :) Thanks!

I like the lakes. I hate the opening hours/closing hours. I am always in a state of hunger in Hanoi because there are less places to eat late at night. The people seem friendly enough. Not enough petrol stations. It's a pleasant place but after being here one month I find it a bit boring. My honest opinion. I like the fact that sapa and halong bay and ba vi national park are near though.

Thanks Marcus :)
Where are u living now? :)

Hanoi nguyen du. But I will go to buon ma thuot sunday then tp.hcm

Okie, thanks! :)
will you return Hanoi after? :)

Maybe for work one day or as a base to travel to other areas.

So u just visit Hanoi in a week? Thanks for your share
ak, do u have any friend in Hanoi? We can make friend :))

I've been here 3 1/2 weeks just 5 days left before I leave. The main problem is with the bigger cities is tourists stay about 3 days so the same conversations happen at bia hoi. As for Vietnamese I find it's difficult to be understood and it can get frustrating I end up writing down everything I want to say as I can write VN quite well. I will join some sports clubs in VN in the hope of meeting people who are here long term and dont just want to drink beer and ca phe sua da I think.

haha, are u very open hearted? :) Hope you stay in Hanoi for long time!

I speak my mind :) all the best :)

Okie, I understand!
Enjoy your travel! :)

good eateries along the street by the art and literature museum

yeah, Mark! it's so good, right? :) where are u now? :)

hi le, i am in perth Australia i visited Hanoi Feb 2013, do you know the restaraunt near turtle pagoda which has served same menu for 80? years and who is the man who wear tiger skin suit? he sits on seat same area

hello Miss Le,
I was in Hanoi for over 6 months working on the Metro Line 2. My office was in KimMa. I found the place interesting but got bored after awhile because it is very hard to have friends there. ....like the fresh sugar cane juice. motor cycle traffic is stupid.
Police are corrupted. .. they collect money from cyclist in the street.
Hope to return to Hanoi next year to work on the Metro line 2 if the HPC government is get their act together.
Hope or may even see you one day in Hanoi. 

Philip

Le Nguyen wrote:

Hey, are you foreigner? Have you been in Hanoi? How do you think about Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam? Let's me know your comments and we can make friend with each other! :) Thanks!

Steaming hot in Summer with no breeze.
Aching cold in Winter with heavy fog.
Lovely classic architecture.
Gateway to Ha Long Bay.
Gateway to Sa Pa.
Hoan Kiem lake/park is attractive and cleaner .........now.
Intercontinental Hotel West lake.
Fixed price taxi from airport.
Good walking options outside of Old Quarter.
Resting place of Ho Chi Minh.