Guns in ethiopia!

Is it legal to own or get a licensed gun in addis? U know, for security purposes!

i got my answers from another forum so it's ok

Hi Seble82 !

Maybe you could share the info with the members here?

Thanks
Armand

from which forum you got your answer, please share.

In the first place i dont think you need a gun when you are in Ethiopia especially if you are in addis ababa. However having a gun it a very strict issues and my lead to a legal consequences

I realy agree that you do not Need a gun.

In General it is under certain Regulation also possible to get a licience, even for non Ethiopian, for excample if you own and run a farm but I can not advice to get a gun, because

1. if you carry a gun, you must know how to use it and most important the gun will not help you if you are not willing to use it, this can bring you in a very dangerious situtaion, because it will be easy for any experience Person (or strongly willing character) to take over and use your gun against you!

2. if it comes to a Situation of any use from your side you will face Problems, which will block you this is highly risky if you run a business

3. If you think you Need protection take a external Company, that you are out of the line, meaning legaly as well public (medias will juimp on you and your Company)

4. if you are intrested in the Sport, you can join a Club, and leafe your gun at the Club house in Addis

5. If you are intrested in hunting you should join the hunting Society

Oliver

@Seble82 Please send me the info you found, or post it. I am also interested in having a gun. I am curious about hunting rifle, pistol, and compound bow.

Random comments about safety and whether we need one where we live are irrelevant to this thread.

If anyone knows of documentation and processes and laws, please post!
Thanks.
@matadams7

You have posted on an old inactive thread.

@Seble82 Please send me the info you found, or post it. I am also interested in having a gun. I am curious about hunting rifle, pistol, and compound bow.

Random comments about safety and whether we need one where we live are irrelevant to this thread.

If anyone knows of documentation and processes and laws, please post!
Thanks.
- @matadams7

Hello Seble82,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

As stumpy mentioned, this thread is quite old.

I invite you to create a new thread on the Addis Ababa forum to ask your question.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
Closed