What do people like best living in Asia?

What do you like best?

I love my wife and our children.
I love the food
I love the Buddhist way of thinking
I love the laid back lifestyle

All in all I love living in Laos. :top:

Food - No. 1 in Asia.

All the special attention from the Asiatic mosquitoes that just love Western blood.  :joking:

I especially like the people, the hummus, the beaches.

Mosquitoes rarely bother me.

Hummus? I always thought of that as being more a Mediterranean dish.

Great food.
Lovely people.
The adventure.

El_Jost wrote:

Hummus? I always thought of that as being more a Mediterranean dish.

Indeed it is.  The Mediterranean borders Asia.

People ,culture , food and climate......................

Let's not forget Godzilla.
http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2885171-godzilla_final_wars1.jpg

cotton_candy wrote:

In some countries, if you're any other race aside from Asian (white, black, hispanic, etc) older ppl might stare at you as you walk in public places. At first you might find it rude and weird but it will only feel funny after awhile.
Aside from that, the toilets?
Some countries do not allow you to flush the used toilet papers, instead you should dump it in the garbage can. For some countries, you CANT find toiled paper in the rest room, just a bucket of water maybe sometimes water hose

Well I must admit, some of these attractions are hard to resist.  :unsure

Deep down Asians are very warm people and the climate in Asia is generally very comfortable all through the year.

Asia is the best place of all

bobby1612 wrote:

the climate in Asia is generally very comfortable all through the year.

You seem to forget that Asia reaches from the Eastern Siberian permafrost to the Saudi Arabian sand dune deserts. Some places inbetween are comfortable throughout the year, but by far not all!

I choose to live in Asia as I have a wife and 3 children there. I love the food, the gentle manner of the Lao people and the fact even when I am away working overseas for extended periods of time my family are safe and looked after by the extended family system which is relevant in Asia.

The climate is variable, have worked in -60C in Mongolia and +55C in Ethiopia and Afghanistan.

Culture, food. climate and simple lifestyle suit me well in Asia.

i experienced in China,people who are in provinces who never seen dark,brown,blue eyed and green eyed people staring at these people to ask themselves"why?"some of them will search at the internet to know the answer because they are more in history.
In my country,they may say"maybe they are the actors/actresses in the film which i watched"haha so no need to put question mark in ur mind just smile and walk and they will practice their English to u, especially kids and u must answer their Q,"did i speak the right grammar?gives them courage,to study hard.
Some kids can lead u to restaurant if they know it's eating time.In my province no mosquitoes,people will stare at u to ask where will u go?need help?eat first before u leave.

i am in jakarata and i love indonesian massage its really good and the cabs with diffrent color

Well, if ever I'm in Jakarta I wont travel in a pink taxi cab. I definitely don't want THAT sort of massage.   :P

El_Jost wrote:

Well, if ever I'm in Jakarta I wont travel in a pink taxi cab. I definitely don't want THAT sort of massage.   :P

There is a seedy underside to Jakarta, and lots of other places in Indonesia.
I was trying to find a massage for months, but they were all prostitute places.
I really don't want to catch nasty diseases.

The good ones don't have VIP rooms, just a normal room with bamboo partitions.

mas fred wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

There is a seedy underside to Jakarta, and lots of other places in Indonesia.
I was trying to find a massage for months, but they were all prostitute places.
I really don't want to catch nasty diseases.

The good ones don't have VIP rooms, just a normal room with bamboo partitions.

I'm definitely agree with U mas Fred!!! All sucks, they ever tried offering my hubby another service till he got shocked,so far for us only Z*n at senopati which outstanding for foot massage. For my self, I take monthly package once within a week for 4hours from The Mul*a hotel. Unbelievable, gonna leaving jakarta soon.. Why I love Asia? Hmm... The Beautifull islands.. The beautiful culture, and the warmth of the people.

The very diversified food!

Diversified food would worry me a little in third world countries.  :idontagree:
Only recently in Britain near to a street with curry shops a bin bag broke open and a bunch of cut off cat's heads dropped out. Click here.
When I hear things like that happening in Britain I fear to think what goes on in oriental eating shops.  :/

El_Jost wrote:

Only recently in Britain near to a street with curry shops a bin bag broke open and a bunch of cut off cat's heads dropped out. When I hear things like that happening in Britain I fear to think what goes on in oriental eating shops.

El. When we lived in New Hebrides (now Vanuatu) in the South Pacific in the '70s, the Vietnamese shopkeepers there had a reputation (probably wholly unjustified!) for stealing domestic cats to put into their nems, which were a kind of spring-roll with meat - very tasty. Whenever one of our cats went missing, we gave up buying nems for - oh, as long as two weeks, just in case...

Indeed Gordon!
I was going to say something about eating pussy but I'm fearful I may be misunderstood.  :whistle:

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR