CPR.....

how long is it normal to wait for a CPR??

Have you had your health checks done yet here in Bahrain? Once they are done (which is not a pleasant experience), you will then give the papers to your work and they will give your CPR within the next couple of days. But having your health checks done is mandatory as far as I know.

See, I thought you had to have health checks first. But apparently not, that's a separate thing because some of the people have got their CPR but not had their health check, and others have had their medical, but have no CPR. I'm currently here on a tourist 3 month visa! (although my school allegedly has dispensation from the Ministry for us to be working and we were inspected this week so they're well aware that I'm here) I want to get a contract and open a bank account, none of which can be done without a CPR. They keep saying it takes a while etc etc. But I signed my contract in May, surely by now something should have processed?

This is not going to sound nice but what they are doing is illegal. You should not work on a tourist visa. You will need to get your health checks done and then get a residence visa and then get another health checks done here. I am not sure how are they getting away with this - especially after having the inspections done - but I would stay alert just in case.

By the way - you are not allowed to get a CPR on a tourist visa.

I've had my health check done at home. They have that, and yes I know we get CPR on a work visa. It all just seems shrouded in secrecy. I was convinced it was illegal, but there's about 15 of us? who don't have one yet (work visa/cpr) the ministry of education have been in and have all our details so surely they'd be able to check that, and so has this inspection ministry this week. I was moved from one department to another in the school but before they could confirm it they had to check with the ministry? It's very odd. They seem to have no idea when we will get this stuff and so I was just looking for an approximate time scale to how long it should normally take so I could challenge it.

When you apply for a work visa, your CPR number is issued upon approval - however you are not able to get the smart card until you have your checks done here. They give you a date at the airport for your checks to be done at a hospital here - usually at Alrazi Health Centre. Once you get the clear from your checks, then it is only a couple of days to issue the card itself.

How is work going to pay you since you don't have a bank account? Some companies have agreements with banks like HSBC where they can open you a basic account but you have to supply your CPR details within 6 months. This all depends on your company's relationship with a bank. Do you have a HR department? I would check with them - at least to ensure how you are going to get paid.

We get paid in cash and have already been, and can continue to get paid in cash - even with our CPR (some people like to send it straight home). Instead of having it deposited into bank accounts here. I don't know, it's all very strange. Thanks for your input. I'm sure it'll work itself out......

As long as you are getting paid, then it's ok - the rest is the company's problem. You just wouldn't want to have a nasty surprise like the company is being closed due to its practices in employment.

hi!

http://www.lmra.bh/

You can get many details on this website and you can check your visa validity etc.

Enjoy Bahrain and have fun...

:)

shayeen

If anyone can tell me if this is in the correct order from entering Bahrain with a working visa.
At airport they issue a date for a medical. (What is approx time after for medical appointment, 1 week, 1 month ?
Apply for CPR shortly after and CPR application number is issued.
After medical is complete results are ready (approx time) then CPR card can be issued.

In short how long does it take to get CPR assuming no complications from day of arrival ?

You CAN get a CPR after a week or two if your company is organised. We have a new guy who flew in a week ago on a visit visa, has an appointment for his medical but hasn't been yet and has his CPR number but not his card which will be here in the next 2 or 3 days. His medical will be after he gets his CPR. He had a medical back home and they are processing him using that. This isn't Saudi and the system is a lot more flexible. Just keep logging in to LMRA and checking your status. The schools do have dispensation but not indefinitely. Push them as having no CPR is a right pain in the a...

Give me LMR Premant system. Plases give me ?

Just google LMRA Bahrain express service - Link Here

i just got my medical certificate today, i just want to know what is the next step to get my CPR?

I've totally different experience.
Came for Job here in Nov'14...got the medical check-up date of Jan'15 at Airport, but before that only I got the CPR Card and the visa is also stamped for 1 year.
When I went for Medical afterwards. I found a huge rush hence i skipped the medical check up and now I think why I should go for medical check-up again when my Card is also issued and visa is also stamped.

dark.angel30,

The usual procedure i know of is once your health checks are done, you need to submit them to your employer who will help you to do the rest?

T&R

dear premal101,

really not sure about your situation, but you need to do the medical test here (mandatory)

T&R

I UNDERSTAND LOGICAL INDIAN,,,BUT WHAT IS THE REPERCUSSION IF I DON'T DO THE MEDICAL LOOKING AT THE RUSH I SAW THE LAST TIME I WENT

Hello premal101

Could you please avoid using capital letter when participating on the forum? It is a bad practise and considered as shouting on a forum.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

as i explained earlier, you have to do it. If you feel that what your doing is right and people have told you its fine, then we have no issues. We are here only to give you advise to take it or leave it is upto you.

good luck!

T&R

premal101 wrote:

I UNDERSTAND LOGICAL INDIAN,,,BUT WHAT IS THE REPERCUSSION IF I DON'T DO THE MEDICAL LOOKING AT THE RUSH I SAW THE LAST TIME I WENT

If you are not keen on going ahead with the medicals due to the crowd at the hospital, just avoid it and see what happens. Please do come back and let us know your experience so we can learn from it. Good luck!

logicalindian wrote:

as i explained earlier, you have to do it. If you feel that what your doing is right and people have told you its fine, then we have no issues. We are here only to give you advise to take it or leave it is upto you.

good luck!

T&R

Or he can educate us about his experience. After all, this is what this Forum is about. What we learn from personal experiences, we share with others. :)

Farhaz wrote:
logicalindian wrote:

good luck!

T&R

Or he can educate us about his experience. After all, this is what this Forum is about. What we learn from personal experiences, we share with others. :)

True farhaz  :top:  welcome back, we have missed you ;)

Thanks logicalIndian. It's great to be back!

How much long it will take to get cpr after medical checkup is finished

You should get it within a week or two, if u dont get it then contact your PRO/agent.

T&R

How much is the total cost to get the CPR, including medical?

Your company PRO/HR should be able to give you an answer to this.

T&R

Dear's,

I've done my medical check up a week ago and I'm looking to get my physical CPR card. Employer said that they have initiated the address changes. Could anyone advice, how we will come to know the address change status and how to know whether the employer raised an appointment for CPR.

Appreciating prompt answer!

As of now there is no system to check for the same, have to rely on employers word.

It's 6 months completed no cpr.sponsor doesn't care us.we asking many times.help me

6 months completed

1) This is a very old thread so if you have specific questions; start a new one
2) No one on the forum can help you get your CPR.  Your sponsor has to lead the process for that.  You can also hire a CPR agent to help get this for you if you have your passport and all the necessary documentation such as address etc

The process is quite simple actually, since I have visited CPR office along with my sponsor for getting the card.

Sponsor needs to take an appointment at bahrain.bh website. Need to select appointment date & time. Need to enter the details of
1) Company CR number
2) Clearing agent / sponsor CPR  - Please note that some companies hire agent to get the CPR done for their employees. In this case the agent details has to be mentioned. Else the sponsor for the CR number mentioned in point 1 is authorised to get it done.
3) Contact number
4) Email

Once these are done you get the appointment details on the registered number and email.

On the appointment date sponsor / agent has to visit the CPR office at ISA town (for non-bahraini registered in LMRA), After you enter the gate of the building there are 3 offices. On the left for Non - bahrain, straight for Bahrain, an on right side for priority cases.

Enter the non bahrain citizen office. There will be a queue to get the tokens. For getting the token, sponsor/agent has to enter their CPR details.

Inside the left 3 counters handle the emplyee CPR and remaining counter handles the dependent cprs.

Once your number is called, please handover the passport and sponsor/agent cpr. In case there is any issues, they will inform. If ready, they will  handover the cpr card. In case it is already printed few days ago, then you would request you to collect from counter 9 at main office (straight room entry for bahraini citizens). Over there inform them and also give the sponsor cpr card.

They would search and give the card.  No need to pay any amount

Note : 1) There are different CPR offices based on the citizenship and visa.
            2) At ISA town the left side office is for both employee cpr and dependent cpr

iam waiting my cpr 2month to go sir

My employer didn't fixed yet my CPR. I'm in the company for 5 months now. I have already work visa but no CPR yet. I had my medical also. But my employer did not not provide yet CPR and employment contract. What will I do.

You need to follow up with your employer.  That is quite evident.

I kept on reminding them but still they didn't fixed it

In absence of your sponsor helping you with this, you are stuck.

But is it illegal? My documents are complete though. I have work permit, medical and everything. Just the CPR. cause it's needed to open a bank account.