Contracts In Bahrain

I never signed a contract with my employer, actually i never saw one, i have a work visa & i have given in my 1 months notice as verbally agreed some time before. now my employer is saying that my contract is a "government" contract to explain why i haven't got one and is saying i have a 2 year contract & that my notice period is not enough. what do i do? as far as i am aware if you don't have a contract & never signed one, it doesn't exist right?

Contact LMRA helpline, they are here to help you. Also go to your local embassy

LMRA Link

You should get in touch with LMRA to explain your problem. However if you haven't signed a contract, that means you don't have a contract.

brightonguy wrote:

You should get in touch with LMRA to explain your problem. However if you haven't signed a contract, that means you don't have a contract.

It doesn't mean that - it means that the company have probably forged his signature on a contract he has never seen. You can't get a CPR without a contract. The hard part is proving it's not his signature and the company are pulling a fast one. Hence me not only recommending LMRA already but also his embassy.

Forging signature? Whoa. That's pushing it.

brightonguy wrote:

Forging signature? Whoa. That's pushing it.

But it happens, I know of 3 people this has happened to and they are going through a nightmare to get everything sorted.
I only comment when I'm very sure of something!!!