The adventure begins - Dublin, here I come!

Hi there. My long desired adventure can start in August.

I've got a job in Dublin 3 and will move from Germany to Ireland in the late July.

I am pretty excited, but there are many things to handle in advance yet. My insurances back home, the cancellation of my lease, some renovation coating, finals, etc.

I also have to find a new accomodation in Dublin before I actually move. Maybe someone can give me an advice?
It's still difficult for me to know which districts would be nice to live and located relatively close to my workplace in Dublin 3. Unfortunately I can't afford too much in the beginning for a monthly rent.

Another thing I want to do before the trip finally begins: I would like to build up some conversations with people actually living in Dublin from this Forum.

Just tell me: What's your story? Pros and Cons? How do you like it in Dublin?

Dublin ist super wenn du viel geld oder zumindest  ein auto hast. Ich bin jedes wochenende dort und wir fahren viel in die berge. In der stadt gibt es viel zu tun und zu sehen, aber wenn es um 'nights out' geht, kostet dies viel. I'm allgemeinen ist die Mentalität im Süden besser, aber in Dublin gibt es auch sehr nette Menschen :) ich hoffe dir gefällt es und dein neuer Job macht dir Spaß :)

Hi vivi1749 - welcome on board :) Can you please keep it in English on the English Forum :)

are you male?