All the important tax forms for US citizens overseas (or expats in US)

As a US citizen living abroad you get a tax filing extension, but don't spend it looking for the forms. Here are most of the tax forms important for US expats, with an explanation of when you need each one. http://bit.ly/1ixwpFt

Thanks for the post. Just sent my taxes off yesterday.  Thank goodness for electronic filing as we have no real mail service here.

Bob K

No problem. Yep - e-filing is a definite plus in general, and especially when you're overseas.

And don't forget to file the FINCEN forms required to be e-filed by 6/30/14 if on any day in 2013 you had the equivalent of $10,000 or more in all of your combined foreign accounts.  The failure to file penalty can be as much as $10,000.

Yep and remember is a total in ALL accounts not held in the US or a US territory.

Bob K

Thank you all for this valuable advice. Gotta to love the IRS. *NOT*

Remember they are from the government and there to help you................again NOT!

One of the reasons I left the US is to get away from so many rules and regulations. 

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

Remember they are from the government and there to help you................again NOT!

One of the reasons I left the US is to get away from so many rules and regulations. 

Bob K

Well, I have realized the grass ain't greener on the other side. I'll take Uncle Sam over Aunt Rousseff and Uncle Putin any day. 365/52/30/7/24 and twice on Sunday.

usmc_mv wrote:
Bob K wrote:

Bob K

Well, I have realized the grass ain't greener on the other side. I'll take Uncle Sam over Aunt Rousseff and Uncle Putin any day. 365/52/30/7/24 and twice on Sunday.

Could not agree more, especially on this 70th year since 6/6/44, D-Day.  An amazing military feat even though there were no US Marines involved.

mugtech wrote:
usmc_mv wrote:
Bob K wrote:

Bob K

Could not agree more, especially on this 70th year since 6/6/44, D-Day.  An amazing military feat even though there were no US Marines involved.

I am sorry but I do not get your point? The Marines were in the South Pacific. Are you trying to prove a point? Truly arrogant.

usmc_mv wrote:

I am sorry but I do not get your point? The Marines were in the South Pacific. Are you trying to prove a point? Truly arrogant.

No arrogance involved, was actually meant as a compliment to the Marines.  Sorry you saw it otherwise.

mugtech wrote:
usmc_mv wrote:

No arrogance involved, was actually meant as a compliment to the Marines.  Sorry you saw it otherwise.

Thank you for clarifying.