Reside in Malawi while I work for a foreign company (virtual office)

Hallo everyone. I am quite new to joining a forum like this. I have been doing projects in Africa for almost 15 years and I have done several projects in Malawi since 2004. I currently also involved with a project and travel to Blantyre regularly. On my last visit I decided that I would start to plan my move to Malawi. Step nr 1 was to get in contact with expats to understand the logistics and requirements. So I have not clicked around a lot on the site and apologies if I might have missed a possible link to a Q&A section on Malawi but there is a few questions I have to start the ball rolling.
1. Can I reside in Malawi while I work for a foreign company (virtual office)
2. Would I be able to apply for permanent residence even if I do not have employment in Malawi
3. If I do get residence, would I be able to buy property/land in in Malawi. i.e would it be possible to buy a piece of land to start a small farming business that will keep me busy once I am retired ;-).
If there is anyone who would be willing to assist in these initial questions I would really appreciate it. Also if possible please send me an e-mail to [email protected] if you would be willing to meet up in Blantyre during my next visit.

Thanks

Hi donaldbl,

I created a new topic from your post on the Malawi forum for better views and interaction. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Hello,

My name is Taiwo David, i work with a Pan African country, and we are willing to have an office in Malawi, please if you have a virtual office, we won't mind getting in touch with you while we have an agreement on what your terms and conditions are.

Thanks

Taiwo David