Mauritius Map Roads & Gps

Bonjour Maurice/hi everyone,

can someone please tell me where can i find a gps. Am i better off to use the mobile internet i.e. Google maps Application or simply buy a gps.  Thank You and have a good day.

Regards
Kyle

Hi Kyle,
As I realised GPS not very popular here, I even don't know is there any special Mauritian map. I'm successfully using Google maps with its navigation. Actually there are not a lot of roads here)) I mean main roads.
In any difficulties in towns Google was helpful.

i plan my trip ahead using google map. thank you

Hello.I have  android smartphone. I downloaded the free navigator Rout 66. And in addition there to Download extension card Mauritius. Very convenient to use. Satellite sees all the cities and streets without the Internet.

Hi,

when having our hashes (www.mhash.com) or I am walking with the dogs I use the My Tracks App from Google. It's quite good.
If you want to plan ahead, maybe runningmap.com helps. There should also be an app available for but I can't test it since it is a bit too vast for my little smart phone.

Apart from this, rule one here in Mauritius if you get lost:
Go down the hill until you reach the see, then go along the sea to the next city. From there you should get a bus :D

Rgds
Wäller