Hello everyone. Questions about student life an work

Hello. I have searched in internet for a master degree program in university of oslo and i got some information about it. First of all master degree programs are free in norway and i dont have to pay something only i need to show a 12k nok in order to be granted a residence permit as a student. and also i can work 20 hours per week and on weekends or holidays i can work as much as i want. thats all i have found.
The thing that i want to ask you is, can i find a work during my master program in norway? and how are salaries per an hour as a waiter? I graduated from Spanish language and literature so can i learn spanish in there? do people are interested to learn it? and if i can find a work,will that be enough for all my costs during my residence in norway? I am coming with my girlfriend by the way so consider it for 2 person :).. thanks to everyone

Studies are indeed free and what you describe for visa is correct. There are many foreign students in Norway and many of them find a job, although there is always a time before you find the job in question and it's good to have savings. Life is expensive here. You will find many information on the forum for the cost of life, it varies a lot according to your life style. Usually jobs you get as a student are paid ca NOK 125-150 per hour, you have some taxes on top of this but not so much.

Thank you so much for this information :)

Hello,

It's definitely good advice to make sure you have enough savings. Money disappears quickly in Norway. Learning at least some Norwegian is also a good idea. A lot of people struggle to find work if they can't speak Norwegian. I assume it's much the same for students. I know that sometimes universities will employ master students to do work at the university, more or less like a research assistant. I would depend on getting that kind of work though.