Forgot to mention the earthquakes

I'm hearing you guys in PR are having a bit of a scare with an earthquake right about now. Keep us posted on how everybody is doing.

I heard about it but I didn't feel a thing. I understand that the quake was in the Mona Passage between PR and the Dominican Republic; I'm >200 miles East of that. I guess people closer to the West coast did feel it.

We are here in Humacao and I felt a slight stir. Frankly, I thought that it was my grandson shaking the table. They actually said on the t.v. that it was 5.3 or 5.8 in some areas. Luckily we didn't even lose power or anything.  I also heard that it was situated near DR and that the west coast of PR was the area most affected.

Hope that everyone is safe.

Be safe everyone!

I felt it at work in guaynabo. Since I have been here it seems like we get one that size about once per year.

We were there 1 year and had just one and it was a 5.3. We also had a small tornado in Moca that stopped about 50 yds. from the house.

I remember feeling the 5.4 quake in 2011. I was in my apartment in Isla Verde and the whole building shook. Very scary.