Tax exemptions bringing car from Spain To Malta

Hi i will be moving to Malta in a few months as the cost of transporting my personal items from Southern Spain to Malta is ridiculously high im looking at driving over and the keeping the car as its a good reliable car.
we have owned the car for 6 years so would be eligible for the Tax exemption as we will be taking permanant residence in malta due to our jobs. i have 2 questions

If a car is Tax exempt can only the registered owner drive it or can both he and his spouse drive it?

if i wanted to return the car to spain at a later date ( drive  it back) would the tax still be applicable as i wouldnt be selling it in malta.

Any advice would be great!!

Once you have registered it in your name and its on Maltese plates then you just need to specify other drivers or named drivers n your insurance policy.
As for taking it  out of the country and re registering back in Spain there should be no problem as long as it is still in your name.

Regards,
           Terry

I thought a tax exempt car was very limited in who could drive it ?

georgeingozo wrote:

I thought a tax exempt car was very limited in who could drive it ?

The insurance company were happy to insure ours in my name with my wife as a registered driver.
I can find nothing that restricts who drives it outside the normal restrictions ie licence ,insurance, resident etc.

Terry

Thanks Terry, been trying to read up on this online but theres that much conflicting info its giving me a headache!!!