Time to Process Work Visa

hello expats,
can any one have info about how much time it takes to process a visa applied by the company on behalf of the new employee.....
Thanks in Advance.

Ahsan, I am not an expat yet.
However, I recently asked this question myself.
I was told it can take as little as a month or as long as a year.
I hope that helps and that others respond too.

Thank you so much Dua,
its amazing.... why is it so? what are the matters, mean why it is so varying ?

and dua are you waiting for your visa for libya? for how long?

Regards,
Ahsan ul haq

Hello brother Ahsan,
I am not waiting on a visa right now. I will try soon but my process may be different than yours.
From what I have been told Libya is not great with organization, and efficient systems.
Things are dine by hand, not computers.
I am told the time can depend on when you apply. For example if your visa is being processed right before Ramadan, nothing will be done til after Ramadan. I have heard political issues may cause delays. I have heard if your employer knows people that process visas, it can be done quickly. If your employer calls and checks the status often and submits papers correctly and quickly, it helps things go faster.
The impression I get is that there isn't much u can do to speed things up other than call and inquire often but checking in person is better.
You need friends in high places. :-)

thanks a lot Dua for help, now the picture is clear, libya is a slow country. so we have to be patient as much as we can while waiting for visa to that country.
Thank you so much again for your help sis

Yes. You understand completely. This is what I have been told many times, "things run slowly. Its a completely different way of life."
You are welcome.
You may also try posting your type of job or even the company name on this forum.
Someone may be able to tell your their experience.
There seem to be a lot of teachers, and engineers in the Libyan expat group.
Best wishes in your endeavers.

I was told recently 3 weeks. But this is rare.