Help!!! I need a translator and maybe a bodyguard

I will be traveling to Hon. in April an I will need a good translator.  I am looking for investment property and don't want to be taken advantage of because of my lack of fluency in Spanish. I think I will also need a bodyguard/driver.  Does anyone have any suggestions.

I am looking for a beach property so if any suggestions please contact me...

thanks,

Hi and welcome to the forum kustomcable!

I would suggest you to post an advert in the jobs section of Honduras classifieds.

Regards
Armand

What city are you traveling to?

good morning--

if you go go looking for property on the islands of roatan or utila you probably will not need a translator since everyone speaks english there.  prices are also generally higher on the islands.

there are other areas on the north coast in the area of omoa where i have seen several for sale signs outside of beachfront homes.

here is a home in rio coto where there are about 5 beachfront properties up for sale.  the prices range from about $160,000 to $500,000.

flipkey.com/rio-coto-vacation-rentals/p140197/

translator/driver: i'm available if you need one.

good luck!

-louis

As the other person stated, if you were considering the islands, particularly Roatan, you don't need a translator or a bodyguard. It is very safe here and English is the first language. Also on Roatan we have an organized real estate association affiliated with NAR in the US and also a Multiple Listing Association just like in Houston. This allows you to be informed on a wide variety of properties on the island and for you to get comparables and professional advice so you don't get taken to the cleaners. Also all properties listed for sale in the MLS are properly titled. If you have any concerns there is also Stewart Title and First American Title here. If you really want the mainland I know of some waterfront properties tehre as well although there isn't a great difference in price when you compare the better areas of the mainland with Roatan. Good luck! :-)

HEY KUSTOMCABLE.... MY PARENTS ARE NATIVES OF HONDURAS AND I HAVE BEEN THERE 3 TIMES THIS YEAR... I TRY TO MAKE IT OUT THERE AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR... I RESIDE IN LOS ANGELES AND AM CURRENTLY UMEMPLOYED....  I SERVED ALMOST 9 YEARS IN THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS WITH A TOUR IN IRAQ DURING 2003... I SERVED 5 YEARS AS A POLICE OFFICER FOR THE MAYWOOD POLICE DEPARTMENT UP UNTIL THE CITY COUNCIL DECIDED TO DISMANTLE THE POLICE DEPARTMENT...

I NORMALLY RENT A VEHICLE WHEN I GO TO HONDURAS SO I AM COMFORTABLE DRIVING IN THE COUNTRY AND AM ALSO AWARE OF THE POTENTIAL DANGERS IN THE COUNTRY... 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

HONDURANMARINE

Hello HONDURANMARINE, could you please lower Caps Lock when you write in the forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie.

DIDNT REALIZE THIS OFFENDED ANYONE HARMONIE.... IF IT DOES PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY.... I HAVE BEEN TYPING LIKE THIS FOR YEARS..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN

HONDURANMARINE

Caps Lock stands for shouting, there's no need to shout, we hear you well.;)

By removing the Caps Lock, it facilitates the reading too.

Harmonie.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

If your in need of help searching for real estate investments, I know a few people that can assist you. I also can forward you a drivers name that speaks 100% english and will not overcharge you.

Chris Barrett

I'am a native from Honduras, I served the Honduran Special Forces for many years, at the same time I have worked with International Special Forces as an instructor in different fields, Protection Of Dignitaries is one of them, I'am a professional body guard with 12 years of experience I  speak english very well and I know the country like the palm of my hand. If I can be of any help I'am at your services.

PS: Not to alarm you but Honduras is at the present moment the mos violent country to live in the world. Check out the statistics on the web.

Incorrect

I believe Venezuela has the highest murder rate. Some parts of Mexico aren't great either.

I don't look at the total rate nevermind what agendas.
I have a very good friend that is a Miami cop (dowtown) that tells and shows me how it is there. Wow!! I know Miami well. But,,, I know him and how many people he has viewed deceased, hurt or ...
Incredible.
Foreigners that are in harms way are normally doing something out of the ordinary.. Like breaking the law.

Life here is just like anywhere else, keep your nose clean,surround yourself with good people, use logic when out and about and it's just a walk in the park.

Go to Utila and you will not need a translator nor a body guard.  We own a small airline and fly all over Honduras without a body guard and honestly have never felt like I needed one.  Like others have posted in this thread just be sensible where you go and whom you associate.  I mean you wouldn't walk alone in Central Park at night in NYC, right?  Use the same kind of common sense here.  And by the way get to know the locals in the area you would like to settle.  They know what land is for for sale and what the real prices are.  Then seek out a real estate professional to assist with the proper title work and paper work maze.

hi
i am raj ghosh i am 28 years old from mumbai i am looking for a bodygard jod
thanks
raj ghosh

Copan ruinas is much cheaper than the beach and beautiful...love living here. It is also very safe. My friend has helped gringos in the past with finding properties or whatever you want at the honduran price vs. the gringo price...if you are interested in looking at copan ruinas and would pay him some to help, I am sure I could help you arrange something with him...he speaks great english as well.

hi,
i am intrested foe this
thanks
raj ghosh

I have just inhereited a coffee plantation with house and land in the mountains somewhere up a primitive dirt road away from the world in the Copan Ruinas area. Father owned it and came to the US for a little medical treatment and well he hasnt been home to feed his dog and wont be ever due to his unexpected passing. I sit here in AZ with no spanish speaking skills at all. The title and the deed to his property of course in spanish and about 30 pictures of his mature and well taken care of coffee plants, the house and other pictures of the rest of his property that is now mine. Its beautiful, has lots of potential, and this is the second year he was able to pick and sell his coffee beans for a nice supplemental retiree income. Anyhow what to do ???

Sell it... unless you plan to move there...

Hi I can see that you need bodyguard, I am what you looking for young fit and I have mix marshal arts little bit of military training.

Let me know if you are serious

Maximus7777 wrote:

Hi I can see that you need bodyguard, I am what you looking for young fit and I have mix marshal arts little bit of military training.

Let me know if you are serious

This is an old thread

my bad right this old in the past.

Do you still need bodyguard ?

this thread is outdated - I prefer closing it

Closed