Multicultural Malaysia

I've been living in Malaysia for about 20 years now but I still can't get use to it. Multicultural country could be interesting for some but not for me. I guess I prefer to be in a place where everyone speaks the same language, I mean isn't it great if everyone around you could understand each other. As a child until now, the only language I'm interested learning is English, I'm stubborn as a bull,  been here for so long but I didn't have a slight interest of learning their languages.

Hi Rizzablen and welcome to Expat.com!

Your topic has been moved on the Malaysia forum.

There are no countries in the world that are not multicultural these days so Malaysia is certainly quite normal. The only difference here is historical perceptions and treatment, and a clash of cultures. Culture and language are closely intertwined and there is normally no direct translation between words in one language and another, just approximations, as there is also an emotional content to language, as well as a psychological framework e.g. religion. (An example is the word bikini, which has completely different associations, depending on religion).

Learning other languages gives a broader understanding of the psych of other people and nationalities. I read the other day that some languages don't have a word for please, as their sociological perception is it is not a necessary concept. Other languages put more emphasis on different words, because they relate to approved behaviour that is encouraged or a state of being, such as humility (think of body language associated with certain words in some cultures and languages such as Thai).

If you have a high degree of English language skills it is surely a ticket to access a lot of international culture and learning. However, what language do you unconsciously count in?  That is always interesting. Tell us, please?

You are absolutely right, most countries have mixed cultures, there are Chinese people in most countries worldwide, Malay race were scattered and divided in Asian region, and many other races migrated here and there during the world war 2, and although there's no war going on at present time, some people still do migration which they think is best for them, so point taken, multicultural country....very common. 
Even in my country (Philippines) there were many Chinese people but I hardly noticed.  Even if they existed in Manila, I didn't really think that they were different as they speak the same language, which is Tagalog, our national language and my mother tongue.  We celebrated the same New Year, we feasted on same holidays, ate the same type of food without 100 grams of chili's.  There were Muslim Filipino's as well but they were mostly residing in different continent, so back home then, multiculturalism was unnoticeable.
Basically, I do not have a high degree of English language skills, I only learned on my own, my books are my sources of wisdom.

Hi the Nazis tried getting rid of multiculturalism. Look how that turned out!

Rainbow nation better :)

Yeah, but too much color can be exhausting too.  Remember, you can only wear three colors, more than that is a disaster, it could cause a mass confusion. Not to mention you have to match colors too, mismatching colors is  equal to unharmonious relationship, just like Christians and Filipino Muslims.