Looking for a Place to Rent in Auckland

Hello guys,

Me, my wife and 7 mo. baby boy are expected to arrive to Auckland in April 15, 2014. It is our first time to travel to NZ. Can anyone suggest where to find a place to stay at least less than 200/week rate for at least 3 months stay? And at least it is near main streets and thoroughfares?

Thanks for any help you can extend to us!

Hi egi_paopao - i invite you to post an advert in the Housing in Auckland section please as it might help :)

egi_paopao wrote:

Hello guys,

Me, my wife and 7 mo. baby boy are expected to arrive to Auckland in April 15, 2014. It is our first time to travel to NZ. Can anyone suggest where to find a place to stay at least less than 200/week rate for at least 3 months stay? And at least it is near main streets and thoroughfares?

Thanks for any help you can extend to us!

Sorry to disillusion you but you will not find any place to stay in Auckland for that amount. Auckland is very expensive for rentals.
Check out this site for costs www.numbeo.com  just open the website then type in the country and city and it will give you costs of food, rentals etc.

You could also do  Google search for Filipino communities and clubs in Auckland so you can contact them for help in this

I'm afraid you'll be very disappointed to learn that there simply are no rentals available in Auckland for $200 / wk. You may have to double that for a very modest 2 bedroom place in one of the suburbs far from the city. The only way to get a place for less is in the countryside, in rural areas or on camping grounds. I'm really sorry, my friend, but that is how it is here in Auckland.

Hi,

Are you still here in Auckland?
I just come through your post.
Just recently arrived in Auckland last March. Missing Phil a lot now.
Hoping to catch up with you guys.

Katrina

Did you found place
Dev