Marriage Visa "D" information needed!

Hi everyone,
I'm currently in Ukraine, in process of getting married, was told so many things enough to confuse me, i finally called the consulate of Ukraine in Krakow, Poland but the lady wasn't quite sure of what documents to bring in! Not to mention i don't want to go on a 20 hour trip just to find out i don't have all the documents needed for that visa type.
I know i must bring the following with me:
1- Passport (obviously).
2- 4 photos (3.5cm x4.5 cm).
3- Marriage certificate.
4- Medical insurance to cover the 45 days of the visa.
5- A petition letter from the spouse? (this one is not clear)
6- A completed visa form
7- Fee of course!

Now my questions are:
- where do i get #5?
- Do i need my spouse's internal passport/copy to take with me?
- Do i need a proof of income (financial support)?
                     Any help is much appreciated!

Please specify what you really need:
- to get married;
- to get the D visa;
- to get the permanent residency.

GreyKyiv wrote:

Please specify what you really need:
- to get married;
- to get the D visa;
- to get the permanent residency.

Hi GreyKyiv, it's in the headline of my post :))
To get a visa based on marriage.

Yes, but you also wrote

Esselchik wrote:

in process of getting married

and you not necessarily need D visa to get married in Ukraine.

The D visa is issuedground for issuance of the long-term visa shall be one of the following documents:

- document that affirms the fact of being married to a Ukrainian citizen (when the marriage between a Ukrainian citizen and foreigner or stateless person is registered outside Ukraine according to the law of the foreign state, then the validity of this marriage is determined according to the Law of Ukraine On International Private Law);    this is also not your case as I understood your initial post

- other documents as required the international treaties of Ukraine.

As far as I understand the respective law, you do not need the D visa (that is a long term visa) to come to Ukraine and get married.

Thanks for your reply again,
When i went to OVIR they told me that the visa stamp on my passport has only 38 days left and because we are currently gathering our documents to get married and the the marriage process is rather lengthy they told me as soon as i complete the marriage process (before the 38 days are over hopefully) i need to take the marriage certificate and leave the country, then go to any ukranian embassy/consulate to get a 3/13 D visa valid for 45 days then return to OVIR to extend the stay to 1 year.
Does any of that make sense?

I think they were suggesting you obtaining the permanent residency certificate. Basically this would be as the following: you get married in Ukraine, departure Ukraine, get the D visa, return to Ukraine and start the process of obtaining the PRC. The PRC allows you to be in Ukraine as long as you want.

If you feel you do not have enough time for getting married in Ukraine, I think you should leave, get the C visa, come to Ukraine again and finalize your marriage registration.

You may also try to prolong the term of your visa (or term of your stay if you ejnoy the visa free regime). I think this can be done by showing OVIR your marriage application with the ZAGS's stamp on it. But you better discuss this option with your OVIR.

Do you know that you can apply for the express marriage registration? In this case you won't need to wait a month after submitting the marriage application to ZAGS. But you'll need to prove the urgency. This may be done by submiting a letter from your employer that says you are urgently transfered to some country, a medical statement that says your fiancee is pregnant, etc. So think of some good argument, discuss this with your ZAGS, and if they say that your docs are ok for the express marriage registration, then only then should you start preparation of the docs.

Quite informative, i will definitely consider those options.
           Thank you very much.

GreyKyiv wrote:

I think they were suggesting you obtaining the permanent residency certificate. Basically this would be as the following: you get married in Ukraine, departure Ukraine, get the D visa, return to Ukraine and start the process of obtaining the PRC. The PRC allows you to be in Ukraine as long as you want.

If you feel you do not have enough time for getting married in Ukraine, I think you should leave, get the C visa, come to Ukraine again and finalize your marriage registration.

You may also try to prolong the term of your visa (or term of your stay if you ejnoy the visa free regime). I think this can be done by showing OVIR your marriage application with the ZAGS's stamp on it. But you better discuss this option with your OVIR.

Do you know that you can apply for the express marriage registration? In this case you won't need to wait a month after submitting the marriage application to ZAGS. But you'll need to prove the urgency. This may be done by submiting a letter from your employer that says you are urgently transfered to some country, a medical statement that says your fiancee is pregnant, etc. So think of some good argument, discuss this with your ZAGS, and if they say that your docs are ok for the express marriage registration, then only then should you start preparation of the docs.

Hi,
I am R.from Philippines. There are 2 Ukraine Embassies for applicants applying for Fiancee or Private Visa who lives in Asia. One in Vietnam and another in Japan. I would like to know exactly which Embassy of Ukraine do I need to visit? Do I really need to visit the Embassy in person or the consul from Manila can help me send my documents in Embassy without visiting the Embassy anymore?
The Invitation Letter I need from my Ukrainian girlfriend must be from Philippine consul in Kyiv?
Or just a simple Invitation Letter from her?
Do I need to have my girlfriend Original Passport or photograph only?

I hope to get some information from you guys who knew exactly about it.
Thanks.......

smithrext wrote:

Hi,
I am R. from Philippines. There are 2 Ukraine Embassies for applicants applying for Fiancee or Private Visa who lives in Asia. One in Vietnam and another in Japan. I would like to know exactly which Embassy of Ukraine do I need to visit? Do I really need to visit the Embassy in person or the consul from Manila can help me send my documents in Embassy without visiting the Embassy anymore?
The Invitation Letter I need from my Ukrainian girlfriend must be from Philippine consul in Kyiv?
Or just a simple Invitation Letter from her?
Do I need to have my girlfriend Original Passport or photograph only?

I hope to get some information from you guys who knew exactly about it.
Thanks.......

There should not be difference which embassy to apply to. You or your authorized representative should be present. However, taking into account that you'll need to apply in another country, I would contact them and ask them. No one can tell you better than they can.

“Invitation letter” is not, in fact, a letter about inviting you issued by the host. This is just as people call it. In fact, this is a document issued by the relevant state body that is a ground for granting a private visa. Your girlfriend should submit the application and a number of other docs. It is better to get the form of application from her OVIR. She drafts all the docs in the Ukrainian language.

I did not understand the question about your gf's passport.

There are some options but they will depend on your particular cituation. You better go to OVIR and ask there when you are here in Ukraine.

Hello everyone,
                        I am a filipino and i have my ukrainian fiancee which we are planning to get married in ukraine i have my tourist visa already.
                        What i want is an idea what are my philippine documents neededfor mariage in ukraine...

Hi,
    I have read you statement and you might give me an idea which i need..
    I have my wife which is a ukrainian but we were not married in ukraine.We ate planning to get merried in ukraine during our vacation there..
    Now here's my question..what are my documents needed to submit in there country to support our marriage

lannister wrote:

Hi,
    I have read you statement and you might give me an idea which i need..
    I have my wife which is a ukrainian but we were not married in ukraine.We ate planning to get merried in ukraine during our vacation there..
    Now here's my question..what are my documents needed to submit in there country to support our marriage

Here is an article ion the subject with not only legal but practical hints:
http://penwriter85.blogspot.com/2014/05 … raine.html

Thanks a lot for the idea...it really help me a lot...

(moderated:off topic)

If you get married in Ukraine.  For Americans, have your wife call the Ukrainian Embassy in Moldova.  That is where I went.  We arrived the first day, the second day went to the Embassy and got the Visa D, and left the third day.  They are very nice and helpful at the Embassy.  A far better experience than getting your internal passport.  The documents are not that difficult.  I got everything done in the states so when I came here, it was very simple and not complicated, but go to Moldova.

Hi there
Interesting why Poland. are you polish or another I ask as i am British and am trying to obtain a D visa myself. In answer to your questions.

You do not need a letter for a D Visa.
If your wife works she must show her Legal documented Income with bank statements. or you must prove you income , savings, via statements.
The most important thing that is a grey area get all docs Notarised.
If your wife owns her own property you will need to be registered there. no need for a letter as she is your wife. You will need your marriage certificate. If you have been married   for a year and have a stamp in your passport you need to apply for a certificate which needs an apastile

regards

martin